AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   AzB Hall of Fame (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Edwin Reyes (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=154603)

Purdman 08-31-2009 05:30 PM

Edwin Reyes
 
5 Attachment(s)
Our friend Bandito at work.
With his lovely wife.
May he rest in peace.

CocoboloCowboy 08-31-2009 05:44 PM

Thanks for posting the photos......PURDMAN

WilleeCue 08-31-2009 05:46 PM

Even the masters need a touch up sometimes.

Sorry to hear of his passing.
The pool world has lost an asset and a fantastic cue maker.

Willee

cyberrot 08-31-2009 11:29 PM

Thank you for these pictures of Master Reyes.
I think of my first encounter with him whenever I take a look at my ER cue.

Sad to see that there will be no more great work coming from Master Reyes. :frown:

JAM 09-01-2009 05:47 AM

Wow, Don. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I am still in shock over what happened to Edwin Reyes, but I will never forget, and the world is now watching.

RIP, Edwin. You are sorely missed.

JoeyInCali 09-01-2009 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAM (Post 1991905)
Wow, Don. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I am still in shock over what happened to Edwin Reyes, but I will never forget, and the world is now watching.

RIP, Edwin. You are sorely missed.

I miss my friend really bad.
I still struggle over over the fact he was taken away.
Last time I spent time with him, he, me and Linds were having dinner over Jack's Ridge ( a nice restaurant overlooking the Davao City Gulf ).
Two Sundays ago, Efren won a tournament on the same mall I saw Edwin directing a tournament qualifier for last year's event there.
I did not go to the tournament b/c I would have really struggled in keeping my mouth shut and not asking the people there what they are doing for Edwin's justice.

I still have Edwin's name on Yahoo messenger. I still send him text messages.
Edwin was working on this cue to be his most elaborate cue before he was taken away.

sputnik 09-03-2009 08:44 PM

Last ER Cue
 
I am auctioning off my ER cue for the education of his kids. It is the last cue that Edwin made. It's an unfinished project, no signature, no wrap, and no varnish (the white marks on the butt cap is soy wax, which I use to preserve the unfinished wood...

7 Ebony Full spliced points on curly mapleforearm.
3/8" G10 Pin (which has the same material as the airplane's propeller).
ER Low Deflection Shaft (with 4 through slots).

I was teasing Edwin a few days before he passed that I was going to bring it to Linds for finishing. I ordered and paid for this cue about two years before he died. It is also the last cue stick he played with.

Make your proposal. I will maintain confidentiality. The offer that would be best for his kids will make it. I have not sold anything here but I am sure Blowfish or John (JBcues) or Joey (in Cali) can help in processing this.

Joey, there is not a day that passes that I do not remember our friend Edwin.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/_MG_4600.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/_MG_4601.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/_MG_4595.jpg$

bobroberts 09-05-2009 03:09 PM

Eternal
 

Edwin was a master who passed before his time.I am a little bit surprised that he was using a filler but he was great neverless.He stood up for what he believed in, and got murdered in exchange.Here in the states they would have caught the animals who did it.
R.I. P. G-d bless his family.

Purdman 09-06-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobroberts (Post 1998695)
Edwin was a master who passed before his time.I am a little bit surprised that he was using a filler but he was great neverless.He stood up for what he believed in, and got murdered in exchange.Here in the states they would have caught the animals who did it.
R.I. P. G-d bless his family.

It ain't over till it's over my friend. Revenge is mine says the Lord. We do not have to do a thing but love one another. The other Master will handle it. The universe is as it should be. Edwin's spirit lives on.
Don

JoeyInCali 09-12-2009 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brother Ed with his friends.

linds 01-24-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyInCali (Post 2008688)
Brother Ed with his friends.

the happiest ept-ph tourstop for me... won this event january of last year ed stayed and play beergames with oldtimers present...he even treated us out that night:sorry:

happy days in davao city (during villiards-cup)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...r/davao051.jpg

JoeyInCali 01-25-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linds (Post 2238309)
the happiest ept-ph tourstop for me... won this event january of last year ed stayed and play beergames with oldtimers present...he even treated us out that night:sorry:

happy days in davao city (during villiards-cup)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...r/davao051.jpg

I see the date of the pic. Absolutely the week of Kadayawan in Davao.
Oddly enough, the last time I had lunch with Ed was when we went to Jack's Ridge.
I hope you still have the pics.
When I open my pool place down there, I will have a tourney in honor of Ed.
Joey~Misses Ed badly, realllllly badly~

linds 02-23-2010 07:30 PM

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/stirador/er-1.jpg
happy 52nd birthday (your first in heaven) i do hope you find peace and happiness there... :sorry:

JoeyInCali 02-23-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linds (Post 2289931)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/stirador/er-1.jpg
happy 52nd birthday (your first in heaven) i do hope you find peace and happiness there... :sorry:

Happy Birthday Pareng Edwin.
I'm sure God has a nice lathe up there for you.
A nice Gold Crown and a few San Migs.

cyberrot 02-24-2010 12:57 AM

Happy birthday, Master Edwin.

Have a good one up there with God.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.