AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Turning Stone - Archer Forfeit vs SVB? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=498587)

HawaiianEye 08-23-2019 10:21 AM

Turning Stone - Archer Forfeit vs SVB?
 
I just pulled up the streaming Turning Stone Live Facebook video and the banner at the bottom still has the scoreboard up from the match.

It says SVB 9 and Archer 4, however the guy who just commented about the next match mentioned something about the score 7-3 SVB over Archer and Archer forfeiting. He said something like "there will be some comments about that".

What was that all about?

Did he actually forfeit?

WoodyMPW 08-23-2019 10:26 AM

Shane called a foul on Archer. Archer took his ball and went home.

Rickhem 08-23-2019 10:29 AM

I was just watching the match and Archer was in good shape to run out a rack to make it 6-5. (was at 6-4 at the time) While Archer was shooting the 4 ball, apparently Shane saw something and called Archer on it. They discussed it a bit, and the commentators weren't sure what happened either. Archer was leaning over the table and might have made contact with either the 9 ball or another ball.......not really sure.
Anyway, Shane shot the 5 ball, and then apparently Archer quit.

That's what I saw, no idea what the actual discussion between SVB and Archer was about.

gxman 08-23-2019 10:32 AM

All balls fouls? I was booting up my PC and the next thing I saw it was game over.

Cardigan Kid 08-23-2019 10:39 AM

From what I saw, Shane called the foul on archer contracting the 7 ball while reaching over it to shoot....I believe the rules are still cue ball fouls only while setting up for the shot, and the discussion was that Shane called the foul happened after the shot, so then it is all ball fouls and ball in hand. Johnny may have believed it was cue ball fouls at all times.

So after Shane took ball in hand, Johnny put his hand out to concede at 6-4.

Shane did the same thing a couple of years ago in the Philippines, at a 10 ball tournament when he made the 10 early and called it, but the opponent said he didn't call it, so he conceded right away. I believe it was against Ronnie Alcano.

GideonF 08-23-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid (Post 6463760)
From what I saw, Shane called the foul on archer contracting the 7 ball while reaching over it to shoot....I believe the rules are still cue ball fouls only while setting up for the shot, and the discussion was that Shane called the foul happened after the shot, so then it is all ball fouls and ball in hand. Johnny may have believed it was cue ball fouls at all times.



So after Shane took ball in hand, Johnny put his hand out to concede at 6-4.



Shane did the same thing a couple of years ago in the Philippines, at a 10 ball tournament when he made the 10 early and called it, but the opponent said he didn't call it, so he conceded right away. I believe it was against Ronnie Alcano.



Correct about this incident. The SVB 10b was, I believe, that he shot a straight in 10b (not early) into the obvious pocket and the call was that he didn’t call it. The pro version of “you didn’t patch the pocket”.

dardusm 08-23-2019 10:55 AM

I've never been a fan of all ball fouls just because I would rather see someone win the game on the table and not on a technicality. But, rules are rules, and quitting because something isn't going your way is a bad look and habit to get into especially if you have sponsors.

CreeDo 08-23-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid (Post 6463760)
From what I saw, Shane called the foul on archer contracting the 7 ball while reaching over it to shoot....I believe the rules are still cue ball fouls only while setting up for the shot, and the discussion was that Shane called the foul happened after the shot, so then it is all ball fouls and ball in hand. Johnny may have believed it was cue ball fouls at all times.

So after Shane took ball in hand, Johnny put his hand out to concede at 6-4.

Shane did the same thing a couple of years ago in the Philippines, at a 10 ball tournament when he made the 10 early and called it, but the opponent said he didn't call it, so he conceded right away. I believe it was against Ronnie Alcano.


I'm a little confused on the rules... so it's cue ball fouls only while setting up on the shot,
but then it's all-ball-fouls during the actual stoke?

That seems weird to me, do other tournaments handle things this way?

It's definitely gonna cause confusion and I don't blame Johnny for being annoyed.
I don't really blame SVB either, the rules are the rules, I guess if anyone is at fault
it's whoever made the rule... I don't see the need to split hairs about accidental nudges.
Just make them either fouls or not fouls.

DecentShot 08-23-2019 11:04 AM

Why did Robert Hart FF?

poolhustler 08-23-2019 11:22 AM

SVB unscrewed against Corey at a BB tourney as well....because Corey checked the rack! lol

pt109 08-23-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeDo (Post 6463778)
I'm a little confused on the rules... so it's cue ball fouls only while setting up on the shot,
but then it's all-ball-fouls during the actual stoke?

That seems weird to me, do other tournaments handle things this way?

It's definitely gonna cause confusion and I don't blame Johnny for being annoyed.
I don't really blame SVB either, the rules are the rules, I guess if anyone is at fault
it's whoever made the rule... I don't see the need to split hairs about accidental nudges.
Just make them either fouls or not fouls.

If I remember correctly...you aren’t allowed to touch the ball you’re jacked up over...
...which is sensible IMO.....Mike could’ve been called to clarify

HawaiianEye 08-23-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dardusm (Post 6463776)
I've never been a fan of all ball fouls just because I would rather see someone win the game on the table and not on a technicality.

I have always preferred all ball fouls.

It makes the game "simple".

You foul, you sit down.

The games is still won or lost "on the table".

I"ve played people who "bump" or "accidentally touch" balls every other game and then say "excuse me" and "try" to put it back in the "original spot".

If you "touch" balls so often that it bothers you when somebody calls you on it, then maybe you should practice not touching balls and develop new ways of shooting in difficult table layouts.

YoungAtHeart 08-23-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianEye (Post 6463794)
I have always preferred all ball fouls.

It makes the game "simple".

You foul, you sit down.

The games is still won or lost "on the table".

I"ve played people who "bump" or "accidentally touch" balls every other game and then say "excuse me" and "try" to put it back in the "original spot".

If you "touch" balls so often that it bothers you when somebody calls you on it, then maybe you should practice not touching balls and develop new ways of shooting in difficult table layouts.

I totally agree

AzHousePro 08-23-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecentShot (Post 6463782)
Why did Robert Hart FF?

Rob was a no-show.

Mike

RacksByTheDozen 08-23-2019 03:38 PM

The rule at Turning Stone is that it's all ball fouls, EXCEPT for the ball you're shooting over. If you touch the ball you're shooting over your opponent gets to put the ball back. Any other ball you touch is a foul. I'm not defending it, that's just how they explained it at the players meeting.

That said, I didn't see the SVB/Archer incident so I have no idea how this rule applied.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.