railbird25
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey bro the replies are in the wrong order, start with page 1 and work up to this.
    God's grace and peace be with you from the Lord Jesus Christ
    Having made an effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.
    You'll find that complete surrender to the Lord will set you free from the problem, and you will lose joy in gambling all together, and new life will begin to take root in those areas, one that will fill you with a true joy. Give it some time to take root though.
    2 Corinthians 10:4-6 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
    Keep me updated brother, much love
    p. 3
    Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.
    Made a searching and fearless moral and financial inventory of ourselves.
    Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
    Were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.
    Humbly asked God (of our understanding) to remove our shortcomings.
    Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
    Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
    Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
    Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
    p. 2.
    These verses, combined with Gambler's anonymous 12 step & faith in Christ, and God's almighty power did the work for me.
    John 8:34-36
    Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
    This comes with the recognition that to God, gambling is a sin (as well as the love of money), and we are in truth a slave to it if we continue in it, and perishing if we do not repent from it all all lawlessness.
    Here are the 12 steps that were also beneficial:
    We admitted we were powerless over gambling - that our lives had become unmanageable.
    Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.
    Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.
    p.1.
    I'm sorry to hear you are suffering from that temptation, money is a very powerful distraction from God. I can relate to part of your testimony as well, having played poker and being a slave to the gambling scene, winning over 43k at the age of 19 and allowing it to destroy my relationships with God and with people, being my full focus. I was in fact a slave to gambling, though I didn't realize it at the time (If I wasn't playing I was studying to try and improve.)
    It was by the grace of God that I was awakened, being allowed to see that the life I was living was no life at all, but a self-consuming lifestyle that ultimately leads to death. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
    Though I didn't have a support system, God who is faithful gave me the measure of faith to put my trust in Him and humbly ask him to set me free.
    well i got married a few years ago and settled down...but before that all i did was play pool and gamble from the time iwas 13-30...i ran all over the country with players and loved it i quit cold turkey when i got married and recently started back playing pool...not to make money or gamble but because i love it...but ofcourse after being around it for a month or so i'm right back gambling and staying out more than i should so that is what i'm struggling with i don't look down on gambling but when it starts to come before god and my family i know it is a problem i never risk a whole lot of money anymore but i still feel it is a potential problem and i am trying to figure out how to play the game i love and resist temptation...anyway great to hear from a fellow christian it's not everyday i meet one...god bless you
    Hey bro, glad to hear you accepted Christ as your Lord & Savior!
    What vices are you having trouble kicking?
    I might be able to round up some encouragement and some versus that would enable you to be free, unless I'm a slave to them too..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…