View Single Post
Old

sygfrid
alaskador
sygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond reputesygfrid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Yahoo to sygfrid  
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM

My 1st wave case was a 3x6 Orange-Black model which was part of the early batch that was released mid last year during the BCA Expo. When I got it, I quickly sold my Instroke Buffalo because, feature-wise, it surpasses the Instroke, IMO. It's a lot lighter and more compact than an Instroke of the same capacity (mine was just a few mm ticker than an Instroke 2x4 but has almost the same width). I've gotten it for almost a year now and I still haven't had any problems with it... It's also quite a head-turner if I may add

Late last year, I needed more room for my other cues, and since I normally take 3 cues with me, I opted for another wave case with the 3x4 configuration. The new wave cases have improved a lot from the 1st batch: pockets are now padded, the lid & the cap shut completely thanks to the lined-protruding part of the case's shell thereby sealing the cues from more moisture & climatic changes (a feature in which most zippered-lid cases fail, imo), the cap and the handle are now padded, the straps are really ergonomic & comfortable, the base still has the non-slip material and but sealed better. Moreover, I tried soaking the pocket with water to see if it's water-proof. Although mine got soaked, perhaps due to the nature of the linen that was used on mine, the water didn't penetrate through the other side of the pocket even after several minutes of trials. The linen rejected the excess water after reaching its soaking point. Perhaps John Barton can confirm if the new Wave Cases are water-proof or water-resistant

For the complete review, kindly search for my posts as I don't have the patience to look for them.

Going back to the question: what do I think of it? For me, the wave case is one the best everyday case available. I've sold all my Instrokes and Predator case and gotten these instead because I'm so happy with their features especially when it comes to cue protection. These are the ones that I'll use until I'm finally ready to place an order for my very own custom case by JB.

I believe http://www.billiardwarehouse.com carries them already

My set of Viattorre Custom Cues: kiiroi, purple heart , kiiroi-gaboon ebony-ivory, purple heart-kiiroi

in 3x4 & 4x8 JB Cases