Thread: Is there a God?
View Single Post
Old
  (#667)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp View Post
... if you don't believe in determinism, then simply say so.
I'm not interested in things to "believe in".

Quote:
Is there anything wrong in siding with Harris, Dawkins, and Hawking in asserting that free will doesn't exist?
"Side with" whoever you like - in all your false choices ("either this or this must be true") you haven't described what I think is most likely: that will (mind, if you prefer), is a non-deterministic phenomenon that emerges from highly complex deterministic systems. I think your objection to this is akin to creationists' argument from ignorance that life is too complex to have arisen spontaneously.

pj
chgo