2019 Kremlin Cup 10 ball, Moscow (18-21Sep). Winner $9K

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Amen to that. At least in the straight pool era, there was a referee telling the crowd on every shot what had been called. Call shot is a negative for fans of the game unless the crowd is advised what shot has been called.

The Serb just kicked the nine in. I had no idea whether he'd called it or not, so until Tyler came to the table, I had no idea whether the Serb had made a good shot or not. That's just silly.

Tyler on the hill 7-1

Twice Aleksa has fluked a ball hitting a hook....and lost.
Tyler hit a hook and hooked him back.....call shots doesn’t eliminate luck.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tyler makes it to the final.
I will be a recreation of the Spanish-American war.

I'm really impressed with Tyler...and I think his break rivals Shane's.
..he visits my area often...he's a good kid.

And I think we'll be hearing more about Aleksa Pecelj

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time is the finals for us boys on the US Eastern time zone?

I looked for it but couldn't find it..

Thanks!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What time is the finals for us boys on the US Eastern time zone?

I looked for it but couldn't find it..

Thanks!

The final is tomorrow....I heard two different times...and they were Moscow times.
...keep an eye on Spartan’s links in the first post of this thread.

Moscow is 7 hours ahead of us...so it’ll be sometime in the morning.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ball final (Alcaide v Styer) at 12noon Moscow time/ 5am Eastern

The final is tomorrow....I heard two different times...and they were Moscow times.
...keep an eye on Spartan’s links in the first post of this thread.

Moscow is 7 hours ahead of us...so it’ll be sometime in the morning.

A little Russian bird confirmed that Men's 10 ball final (Alcaide v Styer) is at 12noon Moscow time/ 5am Eastern (about 15 hours from now) :grin:

final1.jpg

final2.JPG

And here are live stream links info that fell off back of a Russian truck.:grin:

Live Stream links
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaymcYF8M1xVV-V1osfB_4g/ OR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsIeGUZHSpUVYESr8mYQRw/videos

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Spartan....are you sure this is a Rushin’ tournament?
....some of the matches were pretty slow

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spartan....are you sure this is a Rushin’ tournament?
....some of the matches were pretty slow
That is because they are playing not Free piramid but Combined piramid (the game where you have to shoot each shot with a CB). Don't worry the final match cannot be boring with those young guns who are very offensive and so good at it. Of course I will root for my countryman Andrei Klestov. I know him fairly good, he is a great young man and very talented player but his opponent Ioseph Abramov is a tough one to beat...one of the favorites to win any big event at the moment. You could really have some fun watching this final.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That is because they are playing not Free piramid but Combined piramid (the game where you have to shoot each shot with a CB). Don't worry the final match cannot be boring with those young guns who are very offensive and so good at it. Of course I will root for my countryman Andrei Klestov. I know him fairly good, he is a great young man and very talented player but his opponent Ioseph Abramov is a tough one to beat...one of the favorites to win any big event at the moment. You could really have some fun watching this final.

What kind of cue do you use?
I played that game a few times...first time they gave me a 64 inch 24 ounce cue,
...next time I brought my own 57 inch 22 ounce cue....I played much better with it.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is that skinny 7 foot tall giant playing pyramid in the background of all the streams?
He makes Kaci look tiny.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of cue do you use?
I played that game a few times...first time they gave me a 64 inch 24 ounce cue,
...next time I brought my own 57 inch 22 ounce cue....I played much better with it.
When it comes to the length it mostly depends on what you're comfortable with (the good thing about shorter cue it is stiffer) bearing in mind the table is 12 ft and so as the balls are much bigger and heavier and you hit harder you have a longer bridge comparing to pool. When it comes to the weight 22 oz is pretty light for this game but there are some in pool shooting with 15 oz so there are exceptions.

I use a cue for piramid which I bought long ago. It's close to 64" and 24 oz. If in pool the most popular weight might be 19 oz in piramid such is near 24,5 - 25 oz. So as I'm fairly tall I'm thinking to build a new one slightly longer but what is more important a stiffer one. It is just an interesting project for me. The construction of the cues for piramid differs, so as the diameters, the tapers etc.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is that skinny 7 foot tall giant playing pyramid in the background of all the streams?
He makes Kaci look tiny.
Honestly I was looking mostly pool matches streamed and I did not notice that giant playing piramid at the background. If there is any streamed matches with him I can have a look and see if I know him. But to tell the truth I cannot remember a top piramid player of such hight:sorry:

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When it comes to the length it mostly depends on what you're comfortable with (the good thing about shorter cue it is stiffer) bearing in mind the table is 12 ft and so as the balls are much bigger and heavier and you hit harder you have a longer bridge comparing to pool. When it comes to the weight 22 oz is pretty light for this game but there are some in pool shooting with 15 oz so there are exceptions.

I use a cue for piramid which I bought long ago. It's close to 64" and 24 oz. If in pool the most popular weight might be 19 oz in piramid such is near 24,5 - 25 oz. So as I'm fairly tall I'm thinking to build a new one slightly longer but what is more important a stiffer one. It is just an interesting project for me. The construction of the cues for piramid differs, so as the diameters, the tapers etc.

I started on a 6x12 snooker table.....I’m 6 feet with a 6 ft 3 inch wing span...
...all my cues are 57 inch so I guess I’m too comfortable with it.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started on a 6x12 snooker table.....I’m 6 feet with a 6 ft 3 inch wing span...
...all my cues are 57 inch so I guess I’m too comfortable with it.

As I said you can use what works best for you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWK-fQ4oFyA the guy in white shirt is my countryman who used to be one of the most entertaining players to watch. Just look at his bridge distance on some shots, his backswing and his powerfull stroke.
I'm 198 sm with 204 sm wing span...and unfortunately I feel short with standard length cues. It's a good thing we are free to use whatever we are comfortable with;).

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler makes it to the final.
I will be a recreation of the Spanish-American war.

I'm really impressed with Tyler...and I think his break rivals Shane's.
..he visits my area often...he's a good kid.

And I think we'll be hearing more about Aleksa Pecelj

Watching Tyler at the CSI evert in Vegas.... I think he had the best
break I've ever seen! I think his future looks as bright as any of the
young upcoming stars. Nice to see some nice talented youth from
stars and stripes land!

td

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As I said you can use what works best for you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWK-fQ4oFyA the guy in white shirt is my countryman who used to be one of the most entertaining players to watch. Just look at his bridge distance on some shots, his backswing and his powerfull stroke.
I'm 198 sm with 204 sm wing span...and unfortunately I feel short with standard length cues. It's a good thing we are free to use whatever we are comfortable with;).

I had to google.....you’re about a half foot taller than me...:eek:
....soooo....how’s the weather up there?......:)