Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
People throwing blades
Simple rules
Low production costs
No thought required to watch

I can see why they would show it actually. In the days of magical bricks, text-neck, and 10-second content it's all the average mind of today can handle.

I think that was more than 140 characters. I should break this up into 3 posts...

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not much worse than an hour reality show about
tattoos, knife making, or hoarding.. fixed it for ya..

Attachments

• IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 254

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People throwing blades
Simple rules
Low production costs

I can see why they would show it actually. In the days of magical bricks, text-neck, and 10-second content it's all the average mind of today can handle.

I think that was more than 140 characters. I should break this up into 3 posts...
Well said. The average phone-addicted moron is now gravitating to s^*t like this and corn-hole. I will say this for both: they actually have well organized associations and a list of events. Sad this crap gets the airplay it does. Simple-n-cheap, you nailed it.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do realize that this is just another fad that will be forgotten faster than it was remembered right?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
You do realize that this is just another fad that will be forgotten faster than it was remembered right?

There will be a new one tomorrow, and the day after that too. None will involve abstract reasoning skills or even intuition.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People throwing blades
Simple rules
Low production costs

Lol

So true sir. People wonder why 14.1 isn't popular lolololol.

Average room goer just cant get there mentally.

Jeff

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

I am mostly German and Norwegian and I like ax throwing as well as spear and knife throwing. Ax throwing is not that easy if one tries to get really good at it. I mean throwing hard and getting a good sticking hit in the right place is fun.

I would rather watch a good ax thrower then bowling or golf.

But, I like pool more.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you don't shoot pool or throw an axe

I am mostly German and Norwegian and I like ax throwing as well as spear and knife throwing. Ax throwing is not that easy if one tries to get really good at it. I mean throwing hard and getting a good sticking hit in the right place is fun.

I would rather watch a good ax thrower then bowling or golf.

But, I like pool more.

You are right, throwing an axe or hatchet is fun! Custom axes for throwing cost a few hundred dollars or more too. Best I recall, they are about halfway in size between an axe and hatchet. Not a whole lot of difference between them and a plain jane custom cue in terms of price and quality. Another point for axe throwing, it sounds kinda dangerous, was when we threw them as boys!

Considering the average young man flipping channels who doesn't play pool or throw axes, which is he more likely to stop at and watch awhile?

As a youngster watching westerns I threw pretty much everything too. When I was working in the petro-chem plants the entire crew carried boning knives, a tool of the trade. It wasn't unusual to draw a crude bullseye style target on a piece of plywood and have a knife throwing competition. Everybody got one throw each round and it was a buck a throw. The knife had to stay in the plywood and the one closest to center took the pot. Usually six to twelve people throwing and I took took the pot as often as not. I'll take those odds anytime!

Hu

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was an APA league the safest place to be in some cases would be directly in front of the target.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s this obsession with trying to get pool on tv, and who really wants to watch a sad, dumbed-down parody of the game when there are so many better viewing platforms available?