How big are the pockets on the table(s) you mainly practice/play on?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Fin Billiards (Fresno, CA)

Less than 4”

The last time I checked the front row 9’ table pockets at Blue Fin Billiards played less
than 4” and table #1 had the tightest pockets measured at 3.8” which can play nasty.

I have been urging Tommy to convert the snooker table into a 10’ pool table with 3.75”
pockets and lets play some championship 14.1 like during the golden era of pool when
this game was the truest measure of players’ skills, knowledge and shot execution. Sadly,
I was outvoted by a lot by other players that rather keep it as a golf table. Unfortunately, as
a snooker table, it doesn’t see a lots play whereas as a pool table, it would be the most
difficult and challenging pocket billiards table bar none anywhere in my neck of the woods.

10’ tables take a bit of initial adjustment but it is truly an equalizer and distinguishes pretty
quickly the skill levels of the players and I might add with sharp distinctions too. It’s a blast.

Matt B.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
4 3/4 MOST OF THE TIME.

When i really wanna just practice my pocketting, i switch over to the 4 1/4, but those pockets are not built for 14.1

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got an 8' Gandy with 5" pockets but have thicker cushion facings and new Simonis going on soon. Should get me to 4 3/4'sh...

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought 4 3/4 was too big and 4 1/2 to tight on my Diamond 9ft so I had Diamond tweak it to 4 5/8, and with the Diamond deep shelf, this table is plenty hard for a 25 ball runner like myself::frown:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I dont have a pool table but wherr i practice has 5 inch pockets 8 and 9 ft tables