View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-24-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I’m not a mechanic, but doesn’t the evidence show you may actually have a snooker table? The frame, the cushions both point to that. And if the table was only reclothed a few times in its life, the cushions are probably original.

In either case, it looks like you are having fun.
I think my table is a kind of hybrid. This table , I'm pretty sure, I've been built in Canada and back then in Canada the vast majority of table was snooker table. My theory (may be I'm wrong) is that Brunswick was building pool table with snooker component. The rails have the thickness of a pool table (1-3/4") and the pocket was angle cut like pool, the cushions had the height to work with 2-1/4" balls and the casting have the opening of a pool table.

But on the other hand you're right saying that the cushion and probably the frame are snooker.

Martin

Last edited by martin35; 11-24-2018 at 04:24 PM.