Thread: Hal Houle
View Single Post
Hal was special
Old
  (#9)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Hal was special - 12-06-2018, 11:10 PM

The first time I called Hal he had an unusual case of lockjaw about his systems. People on the net had aggravated him enough he decided he couldn't teach his methods over the phone. This decision didn't last long but I didn't really mind. With technical talk out of the way Hal started talking old times. He had the dirt on everyone from Ralph Greenleaf on. I think I spent a couple three hours on the phone that day and did the same one or two more times. I was more interested in his tales of bygone days than his aiming systems although with his passing we lost a lot of pool playing knowledge as well as more lore than could have fit in a shelf of books.

I hope Hal is back in his prime in heaven free of all of the sufferings of age. One of the more interesting men in pool and a loss for us all. He has been gone a long while now but he certainly isn't forgotten. I miss him and his flawless delivery of story after story. Aiming systems may come and go but there will never be another Hal Houle! I would say rest in peace but I suspect he is in some pool hall in heaven stirring the poop and enjoying every minute of it.

Hu