Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Falcon, are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is that a pretty tight layout? It looks like the head rail is about two feet from the wall. Also, do you like having your table on tile as opposed to carpet? I've always pondered whether or not I'll carpet the room my future table will go in.

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Falcon, are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is that a pretty tight layout? It looks like the head rail is about two feet from the wall. Also, do you like having your table on tile as opposed to carpet? I've always pondered whether or not I'll carpet the room my future table will go in.

No it's over 5 feet from the wall. As far as tile over carpet. I prefer carpet. Just like the look of the room in tile.

Attachments

• DSC00515.jpg
    DSC00515.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 9,505

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
im still living in a rented appartment, so i can't place all the decoration yet that i have been collecting over the past 5 years.

(mainly pool antiques like tokens, silver chalk holders, ivory balls, marquetry cues, paintings, litho's, etc etc. I can't WAIT to display them all. My own little pool museum :D) but at least you can check the table (9Ft diamond, customized by myself) and the lightning (9ft light) = a combo to die for :D

first a picture of how the table was when i bought it (freaking ugly but nothing important damaged:D, bargain for 1300€ (around 2500$) as diamond tables are SOOOO hard to find in Europe, 3 months of sanding/repairing in the weekend, and this is how it looks now.
(need to get some better pictures from the whole room, but my camera broke down :s)

Attachments

• az3.jpg
    az3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 9,491
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 9,506
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9,514
Last edited:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
two more before - after pictures, so you can see how the black part of the table looks like. It isn't like the cheap black plastic look many european tables have. its my baby.:thumbup:

only thing left is to remove the sidings of the pockets and do a railextension like Glenn does, and change the opening and angles, but i'll wait till the simonis is worn out for that. 860 on it for the moment, but i really need a 760.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 9,366
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 9,296

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Bill's Pool Room

Here's mine. Click on the pictures to see a larger version. Once you are taken to the link, you can zoom in a little closer.
In construction:

Outside (pretty much finished):

From the 4 corners:

I spend most of my time on the snooker table. Here are what the pockets look like with 2 1/4" pool balls and 2 1/8" snooker balls:

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to agree with other posters who feel oneshotwiss has the hot ticket home setup.

Here's my dungeon (l tried to provide most viewing angles):

Best,
Brian kc

Attachments

• cases-to-wall-rack-rec-room-2.jpg
    cases-to-wall-rack-rec-room-2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8,739
  • rec-room-pooltable-to-tv.jpg
    rec-room-pooltable-to-tv.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8,738
  • rec-room-stairs-to-theater-seats.jpg
    rec-room-stairs-to-theater-seats.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8,736
  • rec-rm-marlin-to-couch.jpg
    rec-rm-marlin-to-couch.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 8,726
  • rec-rm-vase-to-table.jpg
    rec-rm-vase-to-table.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 8,720

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
effing columns...

Absolutely awesome !!! Do those beams get in the way at all ?

Charlie

I am happy to say that it doesn't happen real often but, yes, those columns can and do come into play when the cue ball is close to that side cushion at just the right (wrong?) angle. I have a "trouble shooter" shorty cue that is weighted to feel suprisingly like a full size cue for those special moments.

During this renovation I actually considered wrapping the carrying beam above with some heavy-duty metal plate so I could lose the columns right up until an architect indicated this would be risky to do - could irreversibly damage the house.

Thanks,
Brian kc

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll try to add mine here, too! It been decorated a little since this picture was taken.

Wish I could spend all day every day down here!

Brian in VA

Attachments

• Anniversary_2008.jpg
    Anniversary_2008.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8,599

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home Room

Here is my home pool room. Watch out for the old guy with the blue hat. He hasn't missed a ball yet!!! Come to think of it he hasn't made one either. I can adjust the intensity of the recessed lighting to try and match different pool rooms. Ohaulsen oversized 8' (46 x 92) with side rails one inch thicker than standard (custom ordered). Nice medium sized table which I can go up (9') or down (7') without much trouble.

POOLROOM.jpg

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Beautiful room but isn't it tough enough to run out without all that stuff on the table? Well mabe for me...lol =)

IMHO everything about Diamond pro cut pockets is tough. These are not tables for nonchalant bangers. On my good days I absolutely love beating the "Oak Monster" but most of the time I lose practicing on this table. Right now I am trying to practice 14.1 and it's killing me:angry:

This is how it is supposed to be done:D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig_9VE21sV8

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to agree with other posters who feel oneshotwiss has the hot ticket home setup.

Here's my dungeon (l tried to provide most viewing angles):

Best,
Brian kc

Thanks Brian! Now if I could just get RealKingCobra over there to tighten up the pockets and recover it the table would be dialed in...