A- Z Billiard use to be about all thing Cue Sport Related.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Here is a proposal about pool tables from the NRA

National Restaurant Association

They propose to discontinue shared use entertainment

pool tables is listed

I haven't heard of any pool room reporting a covid outbreak more severe than rich people partying with out of town entertainment.

How is discontinuing a pool room saving anyone?

"Dont shoot the messenger" argue among yourselves, its just a message

any legal people from the pool community know about the following proposal?

proposals are different by state, but closing a pool hall for no reason....

https://restaurant.org/downloads/pdfs/business/covid19-return-to-work-guidelines-for-foodservice.pdf

View attachment 554288

If shared use items are to be closed down for Covid safety protocol would that not also include restrooms?? Last time I checked whenever I am in a public business establishment the restrooms are always shared use, to me that sounds like nothing can reopen.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The attack isn't coming from your account, its being perpetrated on your account and because of its one dimensional display is on a screen no one would know but they would think that "Robin is a Blue Jay" in your example and not as he wanted to be known as a "Red Robin." This is the damage and the attack is the hacker. How many people saw the attack message?

When someone decides how you are and levels a public accusation without proving it, is that not attack speech?

I say it is, because it violates the Constitution of granted innocence and inserts the attacker as a public judge and jury.

I will leave that to the more qualified legal experts. You have fleshed out the issue quite clearly. Now its up to the higher courts.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Cocobola Cowboy and I don't agree on much but this is one time I do agree with him. The forum has changed and part of it is due to less Pool being
played and more emphasis on "attack culture" which discourages others coming here to post. My opinion is this thread is where it needs to be.

We could do with more Pool Rooms and things would likely change.

A- Z Billiards, the Forum has become to much about, non Pool things. NPA is getting to much play.

Use to be there were Tournment announcements, show caseing of Cues & Cases, Review of Cue & Cases.

Then you had Wanted, For Sale, and Trades.

Use to be everything "A" to "Z" about Pool, and Cue Sports.:grin:

Plus a few Pro player would once in as while chime in.

Forum original idea was great, Forum has change direction for the worst.

Anyone else agree?

Or am I alone on my thinking.

I just want to send a thank you to the cowboy
for this thread. It was a very coherent post and
has turned into exactly what he hoped it would.
Well played

Is it time to move this to npr?

justnum

Silver Member
If shared use items are to be closed down for Covid safety protocol would that not also include restrooms?? Last time I checked whenever I am in a public business establishment the restrooms are always shared use, to me that sounds like nothing can reopen.

i am not the person to ask the questions.

posting your thoughts is a relief, wans't sure if people would understand what is happening with discussions in closed rooms.

i am just pushing for schools and knew to check for pool rooms.

Billiards is organized by WPA WCBS and bla bla

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cocobola Cowboy and I don't agree on much but this is one time I do agree with him. The forum has changed and part of it is due to less Pool being
played and more emphasis on "attack culture" which discourages others coming here to post. My opinion is this thread is where it needs to be.

We could do with more Pool Rooms and things would likely change.

Let's just break it down shall we?
Az has become about non pool things-check the main
forum, non pool threads? Just this one
WTF is NPA?
Tournament announcement- Pandemic? A bunch
of action matches posted and the site has
a calendar of tournaments.
Cues cases and reviews- Yup a couple of sub sections
for that.
Sales, yup sub section for that
A-z pool- Is it not AZ as in arizona?
Pro players- Wasn't pretty boy floyd just here?

I agree that the place has changed.
Facebook to compete with
Same topics get covered 87938474774 times
Talking shit to each other online has been here since rsb
lets not pretend it's so different.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I just looked at the front page of the Main. All pool related so if there is an occasional thread on the line why get so torn up about it? Just move on by.
I think its ok to discuss what would make this a better place where people can see it, but that's my opinion. The thread title says its Pool Related as this is the only place like it on Planet Earth.

How long has Funny Pic been on the main? lol

Let's just break it down shall we?
Az has become about non pool things-check the main
forum, non pool threads? Just this one
WTF is NPA?
Tournament announcement- Pandemic? A bunch
of action matches posted and the site has
a calendar of tournaments.
Cues cases and reviews- Yup a couple of sub sections
for that.
Sales, yup sub section for that
A-z pool- Is it not AZ as in arizona?
Pro players- Wasn't pretty boy floyd just here?

I agree that the place has changed.
Facebook to compete with
Same topics get covered 87938474774 times
Talking shit to each other online has been here since rsb
lets not pretend it's so different.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked at the front page of the Main. All pool related so if there is an occasional thread on the line why get so torn up about it? Just move on by.
I think its ok to discuss what would make this a better place where people can see it, but that's my opinion. The thread title says its Pool Related as this is the only place like it on Planet Earth.

How long has Funny Pic been on the main? lol

I suppose my point of moving it was it has seemed to derail into npr topics.
Not torn up about it, I just thought the op made very little
sense and once people start with the politics it
has just about reached it's conclusion.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And the joke/ gif thread, how dare you sir!;)

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

I agree the politics pertaining to parties has no place in the thread but the more we continue talking about the topic the less those few comments matter.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree the politics pertaining to parties has no place in the thread but the more we continue talking about the topic the less those few comments matter.

A fair point. I think that what we see here today is just
the natural progression of things. In time it will
even itself out or all the older crowd will die off and this
place will become a ghost town. A fossil in the limestone
that is the internet. Most young people are on various
social media.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I will leave that to the more qualified legal experts. You have fleshed out the issue quite clearly. Now its up to the higher courts.

I think you're right. It's going to take a ruling to change the forum/social media industry. That ruling likely won't come until a high profile case of where
someone damaged another someone's brand with attack speech badly enough that they were willing to appeal all the way up to the Supreme Court. That is going
on now on Social Media everyday where people post fake facts designed to attack others brands. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already in some regards. When it
does Social Media will change first then the forums. Its a pity that it would take something that dramatic to get folks to play nice.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you're right. It's going to take a ruling to change the forum/social media industry. That ruling likely won't come until a high profile case of where
someone damaged another someone's brand with attack speech badly enough that they were willing to appeal all the way up to the Supreme Court. That is going
on now on Social Media everyday where people post fake facts designed to attack others brands. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already in some regards. When it
does Social Media will change first then the forums. Its a pity that it would take something that dramatic to get folks to play nice.
Pretty sure he was firing some well needed humor your way. Seriously, are you really that butt-hurt over this?? I guess all my time in the poolroom and on a golf course has made my skin fairly thick. Look, its poolpayers during a pandemic. You're blowing this waaaay out of proportion.

justnum

Silver Member
Pretty sure he was firing some well needed humor your way. Seriously, are you really that butt-hurt over this?? .

sounds like a shaft problem

what type of shaft connection are you using to the butt?

if its not a correct match their can be lots of bruising near the joints

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Pretty sure he was firing some well needed humor your way. Seriously, are you really that butt-hurt over this?? I guess all my time in the poolroom and on a golf course has made my skin fairly thick. Look, its poolpayers during a pandemic. You're blowing this waaaay out of proportion.

I'm attempting to talk about something that was mentioned in a thread and I'm taking the position from the other side.

The side where people are falsely accused of something publicly here and immediately they are found guilty because they don't reply to the accuser. Then in short order they are found guilty in the court of public opinion on a matter that was formerly private and should have stayed private. The accuser decided to apply public pressure and duped the members of the forum over it and everyone rushed in like piranhas and attacked someone with a good business reputation because on the forum he is outspoken on opinion's about Pool.

Attacks like that affect membership. They are ad hominum attacks and supposedly against the rules.

If the thread had been shut down (which it should have been) that would have sent a message you can't do this here because someones reputation is in the mix but no it wasn't and thousands of people now have a dim view of the one attacked which could affect his income and it discourages others to be here out of fear of similar attacks.

It may seem innocent to you because you aren't the one being branded guilty.

Haven't seen him here since. Which is my point.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm attempting to talk about something that was mentioned in a thread and I'm taking the position from the other side.

The side where people are falsely accused of something publicly here and immediately they are found guilty because they don't reply to the accuser. Then in short order they are found guilty in the court of public opinion on a matter that was formerly private and should have stayed private. The accuser decided to apply public pressure and duped the members of the forum over it and everyone rushed in like piranhas and attacked someone with a good business reputation because on the forum he is outspoken on opinion's about Pool.

Attacks like that affect membership. They are ad hominum attacks and supposedly against the rules.

If the thread had been shut down (which it should have been) that would have sent a message you can't do this here because someones reputation is in the mix but no it wasn't and thousands of people now have a dim view of the one attacked which could affect his income and it discourages others to be here out of fear of similar attacks.

It may seem innocent to you because you aren't the one being branded guilty.

Haven't seen him here since. Which is my point.
You still referring to RKC??? If so then i totally agree with a previous poster who said his silence says it all. Glenn is no shrinking violet and had he been truly wronged we would have heard about it believe me. I believe that guys story that RKC ripped him off and G made zero attempt to defend himself on here. For me that's all i needed to know about the guy. You might be the ONLY person on here that misses him.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glenn is no shrinking violet and had he been truly wronged we would have heard about it believe me.

Boy you got that right.

I made a simple comment one time about working on a table and RKC pounced on my ass and kicked me hard,,, made sure I knew he was "The Man".

Back to the OP,,,,,,,,,,, no further comment from Coco???

He takes a big dump in the main forum and seemingly ran out the back door.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You still referring to RKC??? If so then i totally agree with a previous poster who said his silence says it all. Glenn is no shrinking violet and had he been truly wronged we would have heard about it believe me. I believe that guys story that RKC ripped him off and G made zero attempt to defend himself on here. For me that's all i needed to know about the guy. You might be the ONLY person on here that misses him.

You see that is my point.

That guy should have taken RKC to court and left it at that. Something went down between those two and he used a public forum to put pressure on rkc where he didn't
have a legal standing or he would have just filed $126 bucks and had him served. He would have won according to the way he presented himself here but he apparently
didn't want all of it exposed. Everyone ate it right up, even the guy that gave him some rails. He got exactly what he wanted. Sympathy and everyone fell for it.

What he didn't get was his table fixed right away, but if he would have stuck to his agreement he would have.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You see that is my point.

That guy should have taken RKC to court and left it at that. Something went down between those two and he used a public forum to put pressure on rkc where he didn't
have a legal standing or he would have just filed $126 bucks and had him served. He would have won according to the way he presented himself here but he apparently
didn't want all of it exposed. Everyone ate it right up, even the guy that gave him some rails. He got exactly what he wanted. Sympathy and everyone fell for it.
You're apparently delusional. The guy wanted his fkng table fixed and RKC screwed him. End of story. If what goes on here so offends you why don't you just bail????? Jeeez.