2014 BCAPL Southwest Regional Championships, Scottsdale, AR, Aug 28-Sep 1

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
2014 BCAPL Southwest Regional Championships, Scottsdale, AZ, Aug 28-Sep 1

It is almost time for the 2014 BCAPL Southwest Regional Championships! Click here for more information and to register online!

2014 SWR Flyer_V2.jpg

Below is a recent press release regarding this event.

PR140801.jpg

Last edited:

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ozzy, can BCAPL player members play in this event (not qualified for nationals or 4 weeks of league)? I didn't see it mentioned in the flyer above.

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This used to be $6,000 guaranteed added. Now it's only $4,500 based on full fields? Why not make the field size required for the full added amount a little more attainable? Some of the full field requirements are two to three times higher than previous year's attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Inaccuracies

This used to be $6,000 guaranteed added. Now it's only $4,500 based on full fields? Why not make the field size required for the full added amount a little more attainable? Some of the full field requirements are two to three times higher than previous year's attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your interest in our event. Please allow me to correct a few inaccuracies in your post.

1. "This used to be $6,000 guaranteed added."
WRONG. Below are the eligibility requirements from last year's event which clearly shows the added money was based on the size of the fields. (sorry if it's a little difficult to read)
2013SWR.jpg

2. "Why not make the field size required for the full added a little more attainable?"
WE DID. Last year, men's and women's teams were 5-player teams. To make it easier to form teams, men's teams have been reduced to 4-players and women's teams have been reduced to 3-players. Therefore, more teams can be formed with the same number of players.

We believe we have taken a few steps in the right direction to grow this event into a more successful BCAPL regional championship. Although the growth may not be immediate, we are confident that it will continue to grow in the future.

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Answer

Ozzy, can BCAPL player members play in this event (not qualified for nationals or 4 weeks of league)? I didn't see it mentioned in the flyer above.

"Player Members" can play in a singles division (either Open or Advanced/Master depending on their ranking). I hope this information helps.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Venue Question

Does anyone know how many tables are used, and for the singles events, what is the earliest and latest possible start time for a match?

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Tables

Does anyone know how many tables are used, and for the singles events, what is the earliest and latest possible start time for a match?

7ft Diamond tables will be used. The specific start and end times will be known as we confirm entries. Thanks.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7ft Diamond tables will be used. The specific start and end times will be known as we confirm entries. Thanks.

Thanks Ozzy, but I was wondering how many tables are used, not the size. And for those who have played in this tournament in the past, is 9am the earliest start, like Vegas? Do they ever start matches after 11pm?

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We use between 32 and 40 tables.

Go to this link: http://www.ctsondemand.com/TournamentHome.aspx?TournamentID=7a5bdf39-ec13-4518-8e47-ccc55443d4f1 (this is the ctsondemand brackets etc)

And you can look through last years event to determine the times.

I don't believe anything was before 9 am (Probably not before 10 AM) - and nothing started close to 11 PM - unless it was the finals etc.

Nice venue - really cool place.
There is usually a pool party with a csino (card room etc) about 500 yards away.

Mark Griffin

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Reminder

Reminder:

This event is just two weeks away and the entries are coming in strong. Register online or fax your entry in today!

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Wish I could attend. I don't have enough disposable income to go. Hotels and meals add up

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I could attend. I don't have enough disposable income to go. Hotels and meals add up

Come on out....it's always a great time! Don't have to eat there, other options are close by. (within 2 miles)

Rooms are SUPER nice....

I haven't seen you for a while either.....

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I wish I got a new born at home too. I will be at pockets for the DCT event in tucson next month