Tom Hanks, NBA, March Madness, Predator NE Tour and SBE All Victims of Corona Virus

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The Prez announced some plans that include a travel ban from Europe (stock market dropping like an anvil), a Utah Jazz player tested pos for Corona and the NBA responded by suspending the season until they come up with a plan...Tom Hanks says he tested positive and has it, too. SBE is considering canceling and I just rec'd an email from Tony Robles indicating the next Pred stop at Steinway has been canceled. NCAA March Madness will either be canceled/postponed or games played without any live audiences.

Lots of schools incl Yale, Harvard, Princeton etc are sending students home, they will be transitioning to online classes.

Things are getting real, stay safe out there pool friends...

best,
brian kc

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The Prez announced some plans that include a travel ban from Europe (stock market dropping like an anvil), a Utah Jazz player tested pos for Corona and the NBA responded by suspending the season until they come up with a plan...Tom Hanks says he tested positive and has it, too. SBE is considering canceling and I just rec'd an email from Tony Robles indicating the next Pred stop at Steinway has been canceled. NCAA March Madness will either be canceled/postponed or games played without any live audiences.

Lots of schools incl Yale, Harvard, Princeton etc are sending students home, they will be transitioning to online classes.

best,
brian kc

$20 says that SBE is cancelled by a local/state/federal entity since it has international and nationwide visitors and will be a huge gathering in an enclosed area. I'm sure the organizers aren't closing unless they are forced to.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any pool players in areas like Seattle, who can comment on how it has affected leagues and pool hall crowds in general?

This week Joe Rogan had on an expert, Michael Osterholm, who said the way it's contracted may just be form breathing in the air someone else exhaled (no hand washing would help that).

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just the other day, the Utah Jazz's Rudy Golbert was proclaiming that the corona virus was a hoax, and he touched all the reporters mics in front of him to prove how impossible it is to catch the virus. Jackass.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any pool players in areas like Seattle, who can comment on how it has affected leagues and pool hall crowds in general?

This week Joe Rogan had on an expert, Michael Osterholm, who said the way it's contracted may just be form breathing in the air someone else exhaled (no hand washing would help that).

Drink lots of water to keep your mouth and throat wet. If you inhale the germs and they are washed down into your stomach, the acids there will kill them. You don't want them going into your windpipe and into your lungs! This can happen if your throat is dry. Learned about this today.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Son and I were discussing Virus today and his travel back home to Bay Area. He has been back in Philly for last last month + before SHTF. Worried he wont be able to get out or....back in. He sent me the Rogan link. Very interesting.

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

I am fearful and Praying for my 97yo Mother in nursing home and our many elderly family members and friends with compromised health.

Stay safe and God Bless,

-Kat,

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drink lots of water to keep your mouth and throat wet. If you inhale the germs and they are washed down into your stomach, the acids there will kill them. You don't want them going into your windpipe and into your lungs! This can happen if your throat is dry. Learned about this today.

Jay,

Thanks for keeping this constructive. Sad to see the inane comments when so many have family members in higher risk groups. Appreciate you!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No word from Matchroom yet. You can be sure they are thinking about what to do right now.

Read what Barry Hearn says about World Masters, running simultaneously with World Snooker Championship it Gibraltar.

Source: https://snookerhq.com/2020/03/10/gibraltar-open-limit-attendance/

Breaking News about World Pool Masters (WPM), March 26-29. A limit of 100 fans will be allowed to attend WPM, running simultaneously with the World Snooker Championship (BetVictor Gibraltar Open).

WST Chairman Barry Hearn said: “Every sport and every business is closely monitoring the effects of the spread of coronavirus and listening to government advice. Of course, the health of our players, staff, and fans is paramount, and we will take every sensible precaution. I have had discussions with the Minister of Sport in Gibraltar. We have no doubt that this week’s event should go ahead, with a limit of 100 fans.

“It is a fantastic event for the television audience around the world, while the players always enjoy the trip to Gibraltar, and there is very significant prize money on offer.

“In the coming weeks we will continue to observe the situation in regard to all of our events, listen to government advice, and make appropriate decisions taking all factors into account.”

The same limit of 100 fans will apply to the World Pool Masters event to run at the same venue from March 26-29.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

For the most part, it's nothing more than the common cold.

For those with a compromised immunity system, it's most likely a death sentence.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Brian,

I'd hate to lose my yearly "paycheck :wink: " but............... Hope everyone stays safe. One cancelled event will not change history. Keeping two thousand pool players safe is the right thing. Perhaps he can run SBE later in the year. Will miss seeing you.

Lyn

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Key word being "may".

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My Son and I were discussing Virus today and his travel back home to Bay Area. He has been back in Philly for last last month + before SHTF. Worried he wont be able to get out or....back in. He sent me the Rogan link. Very interesting.

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

I am fearful and Praying for my 97yo Mother in nursing home and our many elderly family members and friends with compromised health.

Stay safe and God Bless,

-Kat,

How many times did Rogan ask about the Suana, lol.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The less time those young jack asses spend in class, the better for society.

As a high school junior my eldest grandson has been accepted into Harvard to take some college courses this summer. It's quite an honor. Needless to say, I'm a very proud grandpa. Given the current situation with corona virus, we'll see if it's still going to happen. His Dad, my eldest boy, is a Harvard alum. Very proud of that, too.

I can assure you that at *every* college, while there's certainly gonna be some jack asses, there's a larger group of bright and fine young people. :wink:

best,
brian kc <--------- alum, college of hard knocks... :grin-square:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a high school junior my eldest grandson has been accepted into Harvard to take some college courses this summer. It's quite an honor. Needless to say, I'm a very proud grandpa. Given the current situation with corona virus, we'll see if it's still going to happen. His Dad, my eldest boy, is a Harvard alum. Very proud of that, too.

I can assure you that at *every* college, while there's certainly gonna be some jack asses, there's a larger group of bright and fine young people. :wink:

best,
brian kc <--------- alum, college of hard knocks... :grin-square:
Congrats :thumbup:

Those damn English, history, computer science, and economics classes at Harvard. Obviously they are just liberal indoctrination centers. Because the world's most accomplished and hard-working students who are preternaturally driven to be successful in business and life are interested in four years of pointless politics in their college coursework. Oh wait...