where to play close to statesville, north carolina

hustlincpl

Registered
My wife and I will he visiting in-laws in the next 3-4 weeks in Statesville, NC for a few days. We were hoping to find some places nearby that holds tournaments, preferably wed thru sat. 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball any of the above. Any help is greatly appreciated and if possible please post as much of the info as you know on the tournys. Thank you all very much. I also dnt mind playing cheap sets if there is a local poolhall possibly. Thanks again. And this is our 1st az post :thumbup:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
My wife and I will he visiting in-laws in the next 3-4 weeks in Statesville, NC for a few days. We were hoping to find some places nearby that holds tournaments, preferably wed thru sat. 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball any of the above. Any help is greatly appreciated and if possible please post as much of the info as you know on the tournys. Thank you all very much. I also dnt mind playing cheap sets if there is a local poolhall possibly. Thanks again. And this is our 1st az post :thumbup:

Mocksville, Court Square Billiards its about 20 minutes from Statesville. They open at 5 pm on Saturday. The Saturday tournament there is great. They have no phone. Nice Place. Good Tournament. It starts at 8pm and goes late. Its a chip tournament the races are to 2 9-ball. $15 entry. Being new and them not knowing you its possible you might get 3 losses but more likely you will get 4 depending on your handicap in leagues.

On Wednesday The Smokin Cue, in Concord.

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Places to play

Mocksville nc down town on the square is a place,do not know the name and every wednesday in charollette nc at smokin cue is a tournament starts 7pm.
real good food and tables, diamonds and gold crowns. ph# is 704 548 0882. Thanks Rich .aka the skunk.

hustlincpl

Registered
Thanks guys. I read about the one at smoking cue online. Any idea how many players either of the tournys usually get? We love chip tournys tho, lots of pool for the money. And i take it both places are in decent areas of town?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I read about the one at smoking cue online. Any idea how many players either of the tournys usually get? We love chip tournys tho, lots of pool for the money. And i take it both places are in decent areas of town?

You would really like Mocksville, nice town if they still have the Christmas lights up its awesome huge trees, Christmas lights nice uptown....very nice.

Smokin Cue is a shopping center with several stores.