Kamui chalk make a difference for the average player?

Magnumsk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm new to playing pool after many years. I don't don't play in a league, or even with other people. Pool is a stress reliever for me.

I've been watching videos & products & came across this 20 minute video on chalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imkXZollUtc&list=PLNGZgnJAyNxDawhiRQO1IONDTkjpvZaSk&index=6

Kamui is (according to this) very different than other chalk. My question is, "Is it going to make That much difference in MY game to make it worth the $28.00?"

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up what Dr. Dave has written about chalks....then decide what you want.....but remember this...
if you chalk every shot, then any chalk will perform equally. Just make it a point to chalk on every shot.

Matt B.

MalibuMike

Banned
Never noticed much difference until I Tried TAOM Chalkl

TAOM Chalk puts just a thin layer of chalk on your tip, which lets your $30 tip do its job. Some people cake it on so thick they could be playing with anything!
The Toam chalk takes some effort to get on but lets my Dennis Searing PerciSion Tip grab the ball like it should. And surprisingly the Chalk stays on the tip and not on the CB, or table or all over the place! The Only Chalk that had made a difference in my game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh, no. Most over-hyped/priced gimmick in years. Magic at 5bux/cube is the nuts. My buddy asked Efren about chalk at DerbyCity. Efren just chuckled and said he used whatever was on the table. Oh yeah, and use it on every shot. Pretty good advice from the best ever.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't find Magic Chalk, try finding Pre-Flag Masters .

Both same price.
Flag/pre-flag is same stuff. I bought some thinking it was different and its the exact same chalk. I bought into that story until i a/b'd the two AND heard from Tweeten that all they did was change the wrapper after 9/11. Magic for the $ is the best. Its basically a less dusty Master. Good stuff.

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep it simple

Buy yourself a few cubes of master or triangle chalk and get into the habit of chalking before every shot.

If you do this, you will minimize the risk of miscuing due to an insufficiently chalked tip and in the event you do miscue, you can be fairly sure it is your stroke that has the problem and not the tip/brand or chalk or the frequency of chalking.

I see lot of beginners waltzing in to my local with really nice cues and other expensive gear. There's nothing wrong with that but there is when they try to blame their equipment for their own bad technique. Then the following week, they have more new gear to replace the gear they thought was ruining their game. Don't be one of them.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"...if you chalk every shot, then any chalk will perform equally. Just make it a point to chalk on every shot."

THIS

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For us to play at home, the newer Roku is much more table friendly. Makes much less mess, we used to clean our table and balls almost everytime we would practice. Some chalks leave so much on the table and cue ball it was crazy if your getting in significant practice.

Now with the Roku, it's much cleaner, ball cleaner gets used once a week or so depending on how much practice my son gets in. Take a cue, chalk it with regular chalk, and tap the shaft and watch how much comes off in a dust cloud.

Not saying its the be all end all but my son wont use anything else now. And for me... im tired of racking for him, setting up shots every few seconds.... and on top of it all, the cleaning and maintenance of the table and balls. Roku does its job for us....

My name is Jay and I approve this message :thumbup::thumbup:

treed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chalk

i've played competively for over 30 years,and started doing repairs and making cues 20 years ago.the game has gotten faster,with the newer technologies.the kamui chalk is better,most people oppose the price,but over three years my miscues of the cue ball,is definately less.i used to could remember when I last miscued,but I can't recall them now days.the kamui chalk is not going to get you better English,but it wiil help the mis cues,providing you're not drastically putting English on the ball.i've used all the other chalks out there over different periods of time,I went back to the kamui within a month due to miscueing.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like Predator chalk and used it for a while, Then my Cue Repair guy turned me onto Triangle Chalk which I believe is the same stuff. It goes on the same and looks the same and plays the same. I get a box of Triangle for around 6-7 bucks . I really like it and it is the bomb.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you own your own table,
and the cloth is green,
and you chalk up every shot,
and price is not an issue,
but less blue chalk on a green cloth is,
then try Navigator chalk.

I've tried every chalk available and found Navigator to be the cleanest. My cloth and balls very rarely need cleaning. I chalk up every shot so any chalk would work fine for me if not for the mess. I believe Navigator is running about $21.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Dr. Dave is not in the Chalk business, but he has done numerous chalk testing, what works, what is hype & BS.

His opinion are not biased, and motovated by selling you the next greatest Chalk.

Watch his U-Tubes, and see what he says.

I use Master Green, find it works like magic when I am playing well, on my bad days because I am inconsistant, it's me not my equiptment.

The only thing that helps is packing up, and trying again on another day.

JMHO