sb expo wrap install

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
is there gonna be anyone that can install a stacked leather wrap at the expo? can i make an appointmemt type thing? if i go ill go for one day to get the work done. I hate shipping out cues. anyone in the vicinity of NYC that does it? any help is appreciated as usual

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
is there gonna be anyone that can install a stacked leather wrap at the expo? can i make an appointmemt type thing? if i go ill go for one day to get the work done. I hate shipping out cues. anyone in the vicinity of NYC that does it? any help is appreciated as usual

I'm guessing Tiger will be there; check the vendor list at SBE website.

Also, Steve Lomax / Joe Blackburn would be a poss.

best,
brian kc

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Stacked ?

Spiral leather wrap or stacked leather wrap ?
Big big difference.
Stacked is a wrap that is made when the cue is being made or assembled .
As in a bunch of layers stacked on top of each other , then you put the butt sleeve on ....
My point is I cant do a stacked leather wrap on a cue that has all ready assembled .
I think most any cue repair man can do a spiral leather wrap .....

I have done a heavy duty boot lace wrap , but its not something that can be undone easy .

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Spiral leather wrap or stacked leather wrap ?
Big big difference.
Stacked is a wrap that is made when the cue is being made or assembled .
As in a bunch of layers stacked on top of each other , then you put the butt sleeve on ....
My point is I cant do a stacked leather wrap on a cue that has all ready assembled .
I think most any cue repair man can do a spiral leather wrap .....

I have done a heavy duty boot lace wrap , but its not something that can be undone easy .

theyre called stacked leather wraps to my knowledge not spiral. theyre made to look like stacked leather. its not a kabar knife. everyone i know and all online cue repair shops and most people here call them stacked leather. apperantly you knoe something noone else does.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wraps

theyre called stacked leather wraps to my knowledge not spiral. theyre made to look like stacked leather. its not a kabar knife. everyone i know and all online cue repair shops and most people here call them stacked leather. apperantly you knoe something noone else does.

When you get back from the SBC I would be interested if you will still have the same opinion.

Good luck ..

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Rat at Mueller's booth.

Da best at them.

-Bogey

From what I've heard they won't be there? I want d to ship it out to them but I'm increasingly uncomfortable shipping out cues, one bc how they're handled and two bc of the weather. I'll find out when I get there. Apperantly no one in New York does them. It's an opportunity for me to learn and make some money. Anyone got an inexpensive lather? lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Talk to Jude Hammond at the Shaftmaster booth. Everything I've seen him do is top notch.

Lyn

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's your answer. Look no further.

Yeah i don,t want to take away from any of the other guys,but the only people i let touch my cues are mike guylassey or joe blackburn ( and joe usually has steve lomax with him) so i would be comfortable with him too as i have seen him do work on several of my buddies cues. I personally just trust joe and mike so i go with them period.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing you cannot control is what wraps they have in stock. If there is a certain wrap(color etc..) that you specifically want, i would call the manufacturer and order the exact one i want and have joe(or whoever ) install it at the expo. Just so you don,t have to settle for a different color than your favorite if they don,t happen to have it .

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Tiger Booth. It's their product.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with the others about Ryan, Mike and Steve but if you didn't want to wait for the SBE you could try Richard Hsu at Skyline Billiards in Brooklyn. I don't know if he still does them but the ones I've seen from him were really cleanly done. Might be worth checking.

Good shooting to you

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
just the truth

Its a stacked leather wrap style not a actual stacked leather wrap like a knife .,
Its put on by spiraling the leather strip around the cues handle to make the handle look like it has a stacked leather wrap style of leather handle , like a knife.
A knife is a true stacked leather handle , its not a wrap or strip of leather .
Its sections of leather.

Its not a big deal, just explaining the difference, there is a world of difference on how the wrap feels and how the wraps are installed.

The wrap your talking about is put on by spirally wrapping the leather strip around the handle .
Thus making the wrap a spirally installed wrap .................. not stacked .
There is a video on how to install the strips of leather Spirally ;).

In its description it says stacked leather wrap style .

http://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5849&DEPARTMENT_ID=145

Guess everyone missed the word style ....