Raising the slate for a glue down recovery

Pooldoctor

Registered
I have purchased the Simonis DVD's and they are very helpful tools. I have some ideas as to what is the best method for raising the slate 4.5 inches above the table to spray glue on the desired areas. Are 2x6's the best choice? I normally just slide the slate over to 1 side then slide to the other etc. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have purchased the Simonis DVD's and they are very helpful tools. I have some ideas as to what is the best method for raising the slate 4.5 inches above the table to spray glue on the desired areas. Are 2x6's the best choice? I normally just slide the slate over to 1 side then slide to the other etc. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Raising the slate up means you have access to the entire slate to install the bed cloth, without having to move it all around.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Spray glue the slate?

I guess I need to watch the videos again
Good Luck,
Gordon Graham

PS I use a 4x4 block with a 2x4 attatched to it to get the slate to a nice working height for myself

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
How is the slate not pulled off the blocks while stretching the cloth?
Having a helper hold the slate? If you have a helper why not just remove the slate and set it on the box side saddle? I use quick clamps to hold the slate in place while stretching the cloth while the slate is set on top sidewayz, if I don't use clamps or have someone hold the slate in place I'd dog walk the slate rite off the box.

Am I missing something about the blocks? It's a two man operation, why not spin it and move it to the other end if needed..?

Rob.M

Last edited:

Pooldoctor

Registered
Stretch ing Cloth while slate is raised

The answer to your question is yes you will need a helper to hold the slate as you stretch the cloth . I've seen one guy in the new orleans area use a small lever to rotate his block under the slate w/o having to exert too much muscle. I think I'm going to try his idea.