Hi, let's talk about Chinese 8-Ball

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What business does he have???

Comparing a guy answering questions to CJ:withstupid:
Jason

Btw, i understand it is their forum - i just didnt see it as advertising

I sent a personal message last week to Jerry asking about the decision to make the particular comments towards the OP that he did and take the position he (they) did regarding this thread and the employee of Joy ----

Basically, (and I summarize) that Joy was a direct competitor of other "paying manufacturers" and it would be a disservice to them by allowing this type of thread.

My opinion -- there's a Big difference between an employee enthusiastically promoting his passion and preferred table (yes, the one he works for) over paying manufacturers (such as Rasson for an example) not getting involved at a personal level here on the forum --- and throwing their money around by way of paid spots.

I wonder if an employee of Brunswick or one of the other hundreds upon hundreds of other pool table manufacturers gets on board AZB and does something similar.

Hmmm - maybe we'd have more people promoting this game.

Sad days here on AZB when this sort of thing happens.

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far more examples of the other side of the coin on here. For sale is full of people that sell competing products on a regular basis. Aiming forum , as well as the cue building products are also.

If the rules are the rules then all should be held to them.

AZ is very kind to small dealers....I took a gold membership because of my sig lines....
...but I wasn't coerced...it just seemed the right thing to do.

But Joy is a big company....so is Rassson and Diamond.....just took a quick look at Buzz..
..Rasson and Diamond has ads there....Joy doesn't.

I'm sure that if the OP started a Chinese Eight-ball thread...it would be well recieved...
...by us and AZ....he could mention that he works for Joy,,,,no feathers ruffled.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you didn't actually read his responses I suppose. He was asked many questions about the game and equipment and the only info he provided were links to where to buy the baby snooker tables, from JOY, who don't own the game, but do sell the tables. He was an employee of JOY, as he admitted, and probably one who gets sales commission, which he did not admit. He did nothing BUT advertise, and Mike and Jerry provided him ample opportunity to continue, professionally, before kicking his ass off.

I see you're not a gold member yet you have a link to custom cues in your signature?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
He did nothing BUT advertise, and Mike and Jerry provided him ample opportunity to continue, professionally, before kicking his ass off.

I don't agree with how you viewed his interactions but for the sake of argument let's say you are right. Vivian Villareal advertised even more blatantly, more relentlessly, and unlike the OP she contributed absolutely zero in return. Do you think she (and all the rest of the people doing the same thing as her and the OP) should have also been forced to get a gold membership or have her thread deleted?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How else?

No one pays to use AzB or 99% of other sites.
People use a site for free, then complain when it places ads, goes down or has a glitch in the system.
How do you think websites are operated?
By little elves that come in each night and pay for it with pixie dust?

Don't say "no one pays" to use AZB --- I've been paying and supporting this website since day one. 61,000+ registered members and how many Gold paying members? Or any paying members at any level? Yes, I think every member "should" pay something to use member-based sites such as AZB - I do on every one I'm a member on.

Web sites are paid for and operated by those entrepreneurs that think they have what it takes to market their services - and charge for space/advertising/memberships/services and sales. I get it. If JOY as a manufacturer wants to come on to AZB and market and promote and sell their products, of course they should "pay to play". An enthusiastic [employee] of any company promoting and offering to help and answer questions should by no means be required to pay simply to participate - at least the way the OP intended (I believe anyway). To make assumptions that he's "in sales" or "gets a commission" is downright laughable. And you all know it. Stop trying to justify why it's good American manners to demean and insinuate and push away others simply because of some jacked-up, unsupported and blasphemous bs. Come on guys. We're better than that.

Are you a Gold member, mchnhed?

K.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Don't say "no one pays" to use AZB
We Agree. "No one HAS to pay" is what I should of said.

Yes, I think every member "should" pay something to use member-based sites such as AZB - I do on every one I'm a member on.
Yes, I agree. We do that by allowing paid ads on Facebook, Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, Twitter, AzB.

Are you a Gold member, mchnhed?
No, I put my money in the BEF Matching Donations going on now until the end of June.
Your $250 is a very generous donation K2Kraze. I wish I could do more than $20. So, I'm going to add $20 more, right now.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453147

Anyways I'm quitting this place and running home to Mother.:crying::crying::crying:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=397787&highlight=Business+sale

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,I`m a employee of JOY Billiards,and why my thread has been deleted?

Nicely done, mchnhed!

And well said

K.

~~~~ matter of fact, you've now inspired me to go back and contribute a few more coins to the boys and girls with the BEF as well. I'll skip lunch today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought there was some good info in there and didn't see it as advertising at all. The game is here to stay and any info is a good thing.
Just cause you dont want to play it doesnt mean it should be deleted.
Jason

Thank you Jason for your kindness. We really appreciate it. We love pool - regardless of what type of pool - we just love the game. As Chinese 8-Ball is steadily gaining its ground worldwide, I think it'd be good to spread out some useful information and insights from the position I am right now. Many people are curious about this new game, so I feel obliged to have some questions answered. Maybe my wordings were not that "polished" given I'm not a native English speaker, but it really shocked me to see these much hatred right here. After all, thanks for backing me up man! I'd be happy to continue my duties and answer as many questions as you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think if you come to this forum to promote something that potentially takes away from this forum then asking that you do so in a professional way, such as paid advertising, is completely within reason.

Hi Renegade, well said.
I totally agree that if I were here to promote any products whatsoever I would've needed a gold member. But truth is I'm here more like a herald - promoting the game itself. We love pool. American pool is beautiful, and Chinese 8-Ball as well, we believe. Why can't people open up their minds about new things? I don't quite get it.After all, we are open to any constructive opinions & suggestions. Thanks!

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I felt the same way. I saw no problem with the thread. Sure he loves Chinese 8 ball and wants to see it succeed, but don't we all want to see out favorite pool games succeed? And the way he did it was to simply say I have some fairly intimate knowledge of the game, are there any questions that I could help answer for anyone. He knew that some westerners have competed in the game in the last couple of years, and he knew that quite a few westerners had been exposed to it and have watched some of the Chinese 8 ball videos because of it. It would be logical to think some of us would likely have some questions, and sure enough some did.

He was discussing pool in a thread about pool on a forum about pool and pretty much avoided any blatant advertising and on net was providing way more benefit than he was getting which he probably didn't get any. Heck he ever translated a bunch of names for Mike Page. I saw no problem with is thread or behavior.

Hi Poolplaya9, I really appreciate your words.
We love pool - regardless of what type of pool - we just love the game. As Chinese 8-Ball is steadily gaining its ground worldwide, I think it'd be good to spread out some useful information and insights from the position I am right now. Many people are curious about this new game, so I feel obliged to have some questions answered. Maybe my wordings were not that "polished" given I'm not a native English speaker, but it really shocked me to see these much hatred right here. After all, thanks for backing me up man! I'd be happy to continue my duties and answer as many questions as you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree completely with this defence. The poster appeared to polite, well informed, and completely honest. I saw no blatant advertising. All that being said.....it is not my forum and I respect the right of those that administer it. If they decide to remove one of my posts for whatever reason.....so be it. A wise man chooses his battles, a wiser man lets others fight it for him.

Hi danquixote, thank you for the nice words and staying cool :)

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth let him know, politely, that an ad would be appreciated if he was going to
promote a product....and promoting he was.

CJ Wiley promoted his stuff on here, he bought a gold membership, and he bought an ad.....and made some terrific posts....
....and still managed to catch steam from a bunch of AZers.

This guy should get a free roll?....their business is a bit bigger than CJ's.

Um...I totally agree that if I were here to promote any products whatsoever I would've needed a gold member. But truth is I'm here to promote the game itself. We think American pool is beautiful, and Chinese 8-Ball is also great if you had the chance to try it. We have confidence that American folks would be really open to new things. After all, we are open to any constructive opinions & thoughts. Thanks!

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait so all you have to do to get a thread deleted around here is simply turn it into a commercial promotion while not a gold member. Previously I thought that all threads were permanent based upon my asking to have two of my own threads deleted previously then posting separately asking why the users do not have the ability to delete their own threads. Even the responses to that were pretty brutal.

Haha Kevin. Yeah that is really a bit cruel, huh? I'm totally puzzled as to why my post was deleted...

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Haha Kevin. Yeah that is really a bit cruel, huh? I'm totally puzzled as to why my post was deleted...

Please tread lightly.

You have already mentioned that you are an employee three times in your new posts.

If you had just talked about rules and not mentioned your company's name so much you might not of gotten tossed out so quick.

You were given a chance to save face by paying a small fee that allows you to continue to post here.
金钱如粪土脸面值千金
Money is dung, compared to value of face.

I think you should talk to the site owners about a seperate section for Chinese 8 Ball.
Carom, English Pool, Snooker all have a seperate section.
I think someone has to moderate the section.
Ask the AzB site moderators if this is a workable solution.

I myself am trying to enter the Olympics with the best Cue Sport of all time.......
Rectangle Bumper Pool.
矩形保险杠池
Jǔxíng bǎoxiǎn gàng cha

谢谢
Xièxiè

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Good answer, you took the words right out of my keyboard !!! LOL
#$&*#%^#& right back at you!
金钱如粪土脸面值千金
I had posted a thread about answering questions about Chinese 8-ball and anything related.Now I can`t find that thread,I believe it` s deleted.
WHY?
Money is dung, compared to value of face.

2twoball, measureman
Why?

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
True, and never tried to sell one here, ever. I'm advertising Facebook.

It looks like you missed my question in post #44. I'll ask it again. According to you the OP was advertising as well as contributing and because of the advertising he should have to buy a gold membership or be censored. Do you feel that Vivian Villareal should also have to buy a gold membership or be censored since she was advertising even more and contributing even less than the OP? Yes or no question. If no, please explain why you feel she should be treated differently.

While we are at it, like the OP you also contribute and advertise (by having a link to the cues you are selling in your signature). In fact, you advertise more than the OP did because you do it in every single post and not just some of them, and you do it far more blatantly that he ever did as well. Should you also have to buy a gold membership or be censored? If not, please explain why you feel you should be treated differently than the OP.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am sorry your post was deleted but my opinion is worthless around here. My experience around here for me being an ex gold member but not being associated with a billiard related business has changed the way I see things on this site. To me the experience I have on here has changed from what it was when I first started to come to this site. Recently I only check in every few days when I started it was hard to get me off this site. Maybe it is that I have read so many of the same types of threads that I am losing interest in this site.

If I had a lot of knowledge about Chinese 8 Ball I would certainly try and share it in a thread but I would simply leave out any association to any pool related business. People reading it may ask a lot of questions and as long as you answer them correctly and in a very knowledgable way you will build up a reputation as being the one to ask. That is better than letting people know where you work simply to gain their trust. Build the trust based upon your knowledge and not where you work or what you do.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the main differences between American 8 ball and Chinese 8 ball?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk