**Live Stream Sites ~ Ustream**

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Many of you will remember the AZ Billiard's Stream List thread entitled "Live Stream Sites - Update" I created back on 12/29/08. You may also recall that I was "called away" for some time overseas and have noticed that it has remained dormant since (the last post being 07/26/09 by my friend and yours Barry Doc).

Well, I had lots of catching up to do both on the home front and with my businesses so it was pretty low on my priority list. Once I did get to it, I noticed the pool streaming world had "blown up" so to speak--which is a good thing. Most of them were using ustream so I decided to concentrate my efforts there and I'm glad I did because the Dashboard and Community features thereat cut right to the chase. I spent seemingly countless hours, strike that --> days -- gathering the sites. If you follow what I'm about to post here you will have those sites in just a matter of minutes and be able to see what is streaming by clicking on just one tab :thumbup2:.

A few things I wish to point out before proceeding. Many of these streamers use ustream to broadcast but have their own sites. Please show your support by viewing at those sites. Always check the front page of AZ under "Streamer Central" before going to ustream for those streaming elsewhere or are on PPV. Here we go:

1. If you are a member of ustream, proceed to #2. If not, go here and "Sign Up" in the upper right hand corner. It is recommended you use your AZ username for instant recognition as most viewers and broadcasters are themselves part of the family.

2. Go here and click all the blue icons you desire to follow until they read "Stop Following". In so doing, you will notice that some of those on the list do not broadcast. They are on the list because they are very active viewers of pool live streaming and, by following them, their activity will appear in the "Feed Manage" portion of your "Dashboard" (See Paragraph 4a below). I have gotten many new links therefrom; therefore, I recommend you add them as well and continue adding others that you feel are active enough to warrant you following them. There are 18 pages of them but it will only take a few minutes.

3. Once that is done, go to the top center of the page and click "Dashboard". If anyone is streaming they will appear under "Live Shows I'm Following". Bookmark this page. I cannot overemphasize how much of a time saver it is. It allows you to quickly scroll through what is being streamed without continuously searching ustream, going in and out of links, or PMing people/creating threads asking if something is being streamed or where such and such a link is.

4. Become very familiar with the functions on the Dashboard page--you'll come to love it.

a. Just below the Dashboard feeds and to the left you will see "Feeds Manage". This will tell you what activity has taken place that was not recorded that may be of interest to you.

b. To the right of "Feeds Manage" you will see "Upcoming Manage". For some unknown reason, most pool broadcasters do not religiously announce upcoming events which would appear here. It's worth a quick glance though as one never knows in regards to this one.

c. Lastly, just below "Upcoming Manage" is "Recorded Recently". The name says it all. This is a great feature as it only contains those you are following. You can quickly find all the recent recordings you missed or want to see again without having to go to a bunch of links to find them. This, in conjunction with the Dashboard (Paragraph 3 above), really make this page into what I call Streaming Central = one page with all the action.​

Another way to gather more links: Occasionally, when at a stream, I will left click on a username I know to be a proponent of pool streaming, go into their profile, and click the "following" number (located directly under their avatar as shown below) to see if something new can be added in the same manner as done here. I have gotten quite a few sites that way.

Screen shot 2010-04-07 at 12.30.39 AM.png

Visit as many streams as possible and show your support. We love to watch, they need the hits to garnish ustream pop-up monies, and the sponsors need their products out there as much as possible. While there, it wouldn't hurt to do a little recruiting of more folks to join our domain--AZBilliards;).

The streams are getting better and better and are making a positive statement right now -- something our sport has lacked for a long, long time. I see live streaming as an excellent avenue to bring more people into our sport. I hope you feel the same.

Last edited:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I have built a new page myself if yo would like to check it out.
http://thebilliardslounge.com/Livestream.html
Also let me know what others I can put on my page as well, I am still building more and more everyday, I would love to have all I can there on one page for everyone to go and pick a channel to watch. Thank!

Nice looking site Bdr --just click on the link in Paragraph 2 above -- 18 pages worth my friend. Help yourself! I had the wrong link in there but it's fixed now!

Last edited:

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
i would add rep to u mister bob but i have to spread more rep to others so good job an keep doin what u doing kind sir

if yall get a chance send some Green rep to cmbwsu

Last edited:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
i would add rep to u mister bob but i have to spread more rep to others so good job an keep doin what u doing kind sir

if yall get a chance send some Green rep to cmbwsu

I could use a fresh stack of Franklins -- about 10' high, new, and in sequence please. Thanks.

gettnthere

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would like to say thanks this is really great im sure everyone will use this.
green to you sir

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
i would like to say thanks this is really great im sure everyone will use this.
green to you sir

YVW. Very kind of you to say so; but, I doubt that "everyone" will use this -- one can only hope though. The more activity at the live streams the more attention that is brought to our sport which has been the driving force for me.

It is folks like you and the rest of our AZ family that need to "gettnthere" and support the streams and their respective sponsors in order to keep this going. I don't think there has been a significant stream where AZ has not been mentioned therein in one way or another and that's gotta be a good thing as well. If my efforts the last few years has brought just one person to the world of felt and to become a member of AZ I feel it has been worth it.

Based on your reply, I know we'll see each other in the chats -- I look forward to that.

Thanks for your post!

Last edited:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
It will only take a few minutes for you to obtain what it took me months and months to accumulate. I promise you, if you follow the instructions in my first post your live streaming enjoyment will drastically increase and your search for "what is live" will simply be a click of one tab--your ustream dashboard!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
If you don't want to click on all the aforementioned links (or just don't have the time right now and want to do it later), just bookmark my "followeds" and click on "Steaming Users First". Those that are live streaming at the time will appear at the top of the list and be marked as (LIVE) like this:

Screen shot 2010-04-13 at 4.06.47 PM.png

My strongest recommendation is: Follow the instructions on Post #1 as you will be able to "view" what is being streamed and determine which you want to watch much more readily! You will also be able to see what you missed (under "Feed Manage") and what has been recorded (under "Recorded Recently").

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
New Live Stream Starts Tomorrow

Melissa Herndon started this thread announcing the Kick-Off event of the Tiger So Cal Ladies 9-Ball Tour (SCL9T) this weekend (April 17-18) at Mr. Pockets in Manhattan Beach, CA.: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=183819

The link has been added to my "Followeds". And the list just gets bigger and bigger!

Thanks Melissa!

Last edited:

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Bob's support, I've slightly edited his original post here and added it to PoolVids.com. I've also added a Step 5, which links to a quick YouTube video on how to connect your laptop to your flat-panel TV (video link). I actually do this a bit differently in my home, but haven't written up the process just yet. This video gives good basics in 3 minutes.

Personally, I use an older netbook connected via VGA to my TV (so it permanently sits next to my TV) and I use my "regular" laptop to SSH into the netbook so I can control viewing from the couch. More and more laptops are HDMI-equipped (actually I have onee and need to experiment with this) so you might want to consider your options here - it is a nice treat to watch live pool on your big TV (the way it should be!) :)

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
With Bob's support, I've slightly edited his original post here and added it to PoolVids.com. I've also added a Step 5, which links to a quick YouTube video on how to connect your laptop to your flat-panel TV (video link). I actually do this a bit differently in my home, but haven't written up the process just yet. This video gives good basics in 3 minutes.

Personally, I use an older netbook connected via VGA to my TV (so it permanently sits next to my TV) and I use my "regular" laptop to SSH into the netbook so I can control viewing from the couch. More and more laptops are HDMI-equipped (actually I have onee and need to experiment with this) so you might want to consider your options here - it is a nice treat to watch live pool on your big TV (the way it should be!) :)

Saweeeeeeet! Good work!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
MI_Billiards/sde/sde1/sde2/sde3/Steve found another one tonight and passed it my way. Would appreciate anyone adding any "ustream" links that I may be missing ..... just make a post here with the link. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Hey Bob!

One thing I can say is you are a MAJOR source of support for live streaming and we appreciate you more than you will ever know.

When we (Crown Cues) first saw live streaming pool, we saw the possibilities and decided to put a lot of support behind it, because it will take the game to new levels, as long as enough of it can remain free to view for the mainstream. Finding new support and new player interest requires free streams, because people will not pay for something they think they have no interest in, although they have been known to meander into a free stream and decide it's a great thing for cue sports and that they have to see more.

Because of the free streams, I have also been working on a new project, SponsorRack.com I had anticipated being up and running by now, but there have been some roadblocks I've had to deal with, first. I'm so doggone close I can feel it and that makes it even harder to wait on. We have supported and sponsored live streams for a year and a half and we knew they had grown beyond our sponsorship abilities and they need more support, which is why I came up with SponsorRack.com to help find sponsors for the live streams. It didn't take long to decide to work toward finding sponsors for cue sports tours, benefits, etc., and very quickly, players chimed in wishing to find sponsors for their talents.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a live stream (free or ppv), a tournament, league, player, etc., please contact me and I'll get you added to the list. I am currently taking names and as soon as my website is ready to accomodate sponsors and those needing sponsors, I will send out a message to everyone who is interested. You don't have to be rich to be a sponsor. That's what's so great about sponsoring live streams. If you want to sponsor with as little as $50 or $100 per month or even just once, it can be done. Just let me know you're interested and I'll get you added to the list.

We (Crown Cues) still plan to sponsor live streams, when we can. But, now we will also have the ability to sponsor them through SponsorRack.com by sending new dollars toward them, enabling their survival.

Thanks to you and everyone out there who supports live streams by their financial support, product support, or simply by their presence. Bob - thanks for all the great links and the recognition you have brought to live streams.

We hope to be watching and supporting live streams as they morph into something even greater than people can currently imagine. Cue sports have a new image. People are now freely able to learn more about artistic pool, 3 cushion, 1 pocket, 14.1, and all the other cue sports available to their computer/tv screens. They can ask and learn and grow to love the sports, bringing new dollars and followers to the arena. We are so proud to be a part of something so wonderful!

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Nice job Bob.

At the moment my limited connectivity will prevent me from using any streaming.
I also have a cap of 5 gigs a month.

G3 network you understand.

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
UpStream has now been shared on Facebook.

Might I suggest everybody that is not a mutual friend do so as well. We all have friends in the billiards world that do not belong to AZB.

Lets see if we can pump up the volume for both AZB and Bobs efforts.