How to contact Mike Bender

Bugz

Glutton for Punishment
Silver Member
Well it has been 5 years since my deposit was cashed by Mike in Alaska. No cue, No contact, No timeline, No nothing. Tried calling the 907 number on the website and it is disconnected. Anyone deal with Mike lately or do I just call the police in Delta Junction?

Check was sent on Aug 6th 2014, Cashed August 19th 2014. Quote was 3-5 year waiting list.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you are probably past the statute of limitations for Alaska to file civil and maybe criminal charges as well. but certainly can make him miserable with a police report.

i would still call the police as its a small town and they may have a line on whats up with him.

**************edit. i just googled him and he is still in business in that town. he even has some good reviews on his work posted recently.

Last edited:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure the police will be too interested absent more information but you never know.

If the argument is the contract was to be performed at the latest within 5 years (if that's what "3-5 year waiting list" means), then it has only been breached very recently. Statutes of limitation for breach of contract usually don't start running until the contract is breached, so the clock is now ticking IMO on that, so you have plenty of time to contact a local attorney and have someone send him a letter to explain his intentions.

Maybe after that you have enough to interest the police, but criminal charges seem a bit of a stretch at this point, but again, you never know - calls from police sometimes do wonders.

hustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks . Same thing happened to me in early 2000’s with a different cue maker. I made a small deposit to get on a wait list - he kept the money and never heard from him. I should have chased him years ago. Anyhow he is since retired from making cues.

Another option is to go to your local courthouse and file a small claims lawsuit it’s usually about $50. Include the court cost as well as the cost of an attorney in the complaint along with the money he owes you. The court will send him notice he is being sued. Assuming you obtain judgment from the court you may need to hire a lawyer to collect. I’ve had success with this in the past. If you want to make it a criminal matter i.e. mail theft I would think the police can point you in the right direction.

You have options but are essentially burning bridges and not playing nice so don’t expect to get the cue.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Bugz

Glutton for Punishment
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments. I was able to get Mike's contact information and he answered my email. Sounded like a stand up guy and let's be honest, mistakes happen. I should have probably started to sort this out awhile ago, so it's my fault too.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
didn't want to fan the flames

Thanks for the comments. I was able to get Mike's contact information and he answered my email. Sounded like a stand up guy and let's be honest, mistakes happen. I should have probably started to sort this out awhile ago, so it's my fault too.

I didn't want to fan flames however I knew Mike had been a great guy for my friend to work with in the past. The result was a priceless collector cue that hits very good too. I hate it when another cue hits enough better than mine that I can feel it with the first hits. The Bender I hit with does!

I'm glad things seem to be ironed out.

Hu

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
this shows why a cuemaker is supposed to keep in touch with his customer during a slow process. that is just good business.

a text only takes a few seconds to say something.