View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-24-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I played with my great uncle when he shot his age...he was late 80s. Never was a good golfer his whole life but extraordinarily fit for his age. He told me he shot his age almost every day. Last time I played golf with him he was 92 and fell and broke his wrist after a drive. I think that was the last time he played.
There was a golf club professional down the mountain in Morganton, NC by the name of Joe Cheves, who first shot his age at the age of 64 - he shot 64. I believe he still holds the record for shooting the most strokes under his age (17), when he matched that 64 at age 81!

He passed away of cancer 11 years ago at the age of 89, and I'm not sure the last time he shot his age, but I'm guessing it was within a few years of his passing.

Last edited by ChrisinNC; 05-24-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: edit