Toys 4 Tots Tournament Help

Total_Chaos13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a friend ask me to help put on a T4T tournament in Dec. The idea is using APA handicaps( only because its the biggest around this part) and do 3 brackets or 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7. Top 4 or 6 depending on number of players get a small payout, with most being donated to T4T.

I have a few concerns about players true handicaps. How can we verify a palyers true handicap? Can we request proof like a copy of an APA scoresheet?

I have never really been involved in running a tournament, so any suggestion would be nice. We are also thinking about door prizes and raffles. We are going to try to get a bunch of local businesses to donate stuff and raffle them off throughout the day. Also think about a 10-ball break and run pot.

LeagueGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a friend ask me to help put on a T4T tournament in Dec. The idea is using APA handicaps( only because its the biggest around this part) and do 3 brackets or 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7. Top 4 or 6 depending on number of players get a small payout, with most being donated to T4T.

I have a few concerns about players true handicaps. How can we verify a palyers true handicap? Can we request proof like a copy of an APA scoresheet?

I have never really been involved in running a tournament, so any suggestion would be nice. We are also thinking about door prizes and raffles. We are going to try to get a bunch of local businesses to donate stuff and raffle them off throughout the day. Also think about a 10-ball break and run pot.

Just a suggestion but try to talk to the League Operators in the area and tell them what you are doing. Not only will they probably verify handicaps for you but they may also offer to help you run it or maybe donate money themselves to the cause. They might also advertise it for you.

In our area we, there are 2 or 3 charity events and the League Operators not only donate but they also play in the events as well.