Women one-pocket players

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Are there any such out there?

If the power break is such a big factor in games like 8, 9 or 10-ball, shouldn't one-pocket be an easier game for the fairer sex?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I am curious to see what kind of comments people have.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
I know Monica Webb plays... I have been curious to try it but personally find it boring to watch...

T

Timberly

IIRC Alice Rim and Vivian Villarreal played in the 1p tourney at Derby City. I do recall Alice saying that at that time she had only recently started playing the game.

Personally, I tried it yrs ago and I just didn't have what it took. I play pretty fast so I didn't have the patience, but I also don't have the safety play down... I either didn't see the safe's or didn't have the touch to play them. LOL, I was really bad at 1P. :cool:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vivian plays pretty fair one pocket.
Two years ago I staked Ronnie Allen to play her a set for $500 and she beat him pretty handily.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fart sniffer said:
Are there any such out there?

If the power break is such a big factor in games like 8, 9 or 10-ball, shouldn't one-pocket be an easier game for the fairer sex?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I am curious to see what kind of comments people have.

I do not want to knock their action and I knew few others who can play.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I heard ...

that none of the women Pool players have the right shoes to play
One Pocket, which brings me back to one of my favorite subjects .....
Pool shoes .... <you've been Snapped ... grin>

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen Karen Corr play 1P and she can hold her own with almost anyone.

Although 1P is most often associated with older male players, just last week I was talking to Pam Treadway, the 19 year old ladies 9-ball division points leader, on the Tiger Planet Pool Tour. She told me that she doesn't like playing 9-ball and she really prefers playing 1P.
Who would have thought? :confused:

T

Timberly

Rich R. said:
I have seen Karen Corr play 1P and she can hold her own with almost anyone.

Although 1P is most often associated with older male players, just last week I was talking to Pam Treadway, the 19 year old ladies 9-ball division points leader, on the Tiger Planet Pool Tour. She told me that she doesn't like playing 9-ball and she really prefers playing 1P.
Who would have thought? :confused:
I know a couple of yrs ago Shannon Daulton took her around town (when he lived in KY) and put her in some action... maybe/hopefully he taught her a thing or two. Pam has an aggressive game as does Shannon so I could see her taking an interest & trying emulate his 1p game....

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I love to play one hole...the finesse, the banking, the safeties, the maddening frustration, reading the stack, and all out running out. You have got to know your tangent lines, especially for the safes, the combos and caroms.

My husband plays it pretty good, and there for awhile, I would play every week at Dr. Cues with the boys on the gambling table during their Tuesday night 9ball tourney.

Now, hardly ever. :(

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a couple of women who play pretty sporty one pocket. I won't mention any names, because they may still want to get a little action. Chances are if you see a woman who plays good consistent {slow, controlled type pool} she may play some one pocket too. A lot of people, even slow,cautious, players, don't like the patience required for the game. Sam