The highest end (most expensive) Meucci cue ever made?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Yeah, Rempe's ivory Crown Jewel was probably 4-times the price of that Ebay cue.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
The Crown Jewels was valued at 10k in the 80's,sold for 17k in 1989 and sold again for 85k less than 10 feet away from where Rempe sold it AND in plain view of Rempe.

I was at a MPBA tournament in Memphis when this happened and saw the whole thing. Rempe had a look on his face like he shit himself :confused:. Tommy D.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The Crown Jewels was valued at 10k in the 80's,sold for 17k in 1989 and sold again for 85k less than 10 feet away from where Rempe sold it AND in plain view of Rempe.

I was at a MPBA tournament in Memphis when this happened and saw the whole thing. Rempe had a look on his face like he shit himself :confused:. Tommy D.
The questions are , was it straight and had a long taper ? :grin:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A woman before and after makeup.... image.jpg

That is what a fancy Meucci is....what hits whitey is a plain Jane

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A woman before and after makeup....View attachment 428134

That is what a fancy Meucci is....what hits whitey is a plain Jane

Yup.

But you have to admit it would be nice to have a cue that appreciates in value so much, even if for no other reason than to sell it and buy something better. :thumbup:

I wouldn't buy a cue like this...but I sure as heck would love to have one to sell! :wink:

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Precious stones don't drop balls. My Schon has 6 points, and I consider 2 of them superfluous.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wonder what that cue is worth today? I'm guessing 10K again.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange description too, since the joint could not be pure silver...it's way too soft to use as a joint. It's nickle-silver...not silver. Rempe's cue was far more detailed, and much better looking, imo.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange description too, since the joint could not be pure silver...it's way too soft to use as a joint. It's nickle-silver...not silver. Rempe's cue was far more detailed, and much better looking, imo.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Not to nit pick but there have been many brass jointed cues, and silver and brass are right about the same hardness.

But I think you are right that the joint collar is probably nickel-silver.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, I wasn't gonna but as usually I couldn't help myself. Please don't think this is a dig or anything negative, just playful and it popped in my mind. You know how all pool players have street names? Well I think it's time you had one. Only I came up with two and can't decide. Maybe a poll? Maybe you could pick ?

Either Boy Wonder, OR Wonder Bread ! !!! They're both cool and both have cool meanings you could relate to pool. Thank ,everyone later 😊

Justin, I wasn't gonna but as usually I couldn't help myself. Please don't think this is a dig or anything negative, just playful and it popped in my mind. You know how all pool players have street names? Well I think it's time you had one. Only I came up with two and can't decide. Maybe a poll? Maybe you could pick ?

Either Boy Wonder, OR Wonder Bread ! !!! They're both cool and both have cool meanings you could relate to pool. Thank ,everyone later ��

Lol, very funny names (and would rather not know what they mean). They sound much nicer then some of the names that my old pool hall friends called me ("weiner head" was one of them, lol). Mostly everyone that knew me (from the pool hall) always called me Kid though.

Last edited: