damn ! almost had my xmas present :)

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i wanted to beat the 9ball ghost for the first time officially EVER in a race to 10 as my xmas present for 2008!! Cleaned the whole table, the balls, got my mind ready and...

rack1: break and run : 1-0
rack2: 9ball break : 2-0
rack3: missed shot early: 2-1
rack4: break and run: 3-1
rack5: break and run: 4-1 :D i was feeling GOOD, but my break wasnt controled and only potting 1ball on the break.
rack6: couldnt open the cluster, got stuck: 4-2
rack7: bad positional shot at the end and couldt get the controle of the table back: 4-3:
rack8: break and run: 5-3
rack9: missed a shot (overcut it) 5-4
rack10: missed the 9ball 5-5 :mad: i was 4-1 in front and now equal! i got mad and doubled the concentration
rack11: break and run 6-5 (finally got the break working. 2ball + controle)
rack12: break and run 7-5 (2balls + controle)
rack13: break and run 8-5 (2balls + controle) :cool: my break was back , now its a 7ball ghost race!! easyer)
rack14: dogged the 8, DOOH! 8-6
rack15: break and run 9-6 (4balls + controle) :rolleyes: solly on the HILL!!!
rack16: missed the bank on the 9!! it hit the tits of the pocket: 9-7 :eek:
rack17: scrached on a 3rail positional shot DARN 9-8 :(
rack18: my positional play was under pressure with the nerves, got on the wrong side and got snookered: 9-9 :mad: :mad:
rack19: 4 balls on the break + controle, finished DEAD straight on 6 for a long close to the rail shot, and the 7 against the end rail. i rolled it in, for a tin cut on the 7, to go back down the table, missed it in the jaws, perfect position for 8 and 9, solly lost 10-9 'DOOO'OOOH !!!

BOEEEH!!! mary xmas my ***!! :p (sorry for the rant :p)

EDIT: this was my second wish... run my age and break my record in straightpool before xmas..
here is the video..

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=09vDCXhm64c

Last edited:

Snorks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you say break and run, are you taking cue ball in hand after the break? If you aren't this is very very solid!!!!

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
if i a had a shot, i didnt take ball in hand. i think i took ball in hand in the first racks when i wasnt controling, after 5-4 i always had a clear shot and didnt need to take ball in hand. i think it was 50-50. ah well :) maybe for next year ill finaly beat that old fart :D

and you are right, i SUCK :p 4 racks to win one more game, and i missed all 4. thats how BAD i am :D
in tournament i run a rack maybe once every... 10-15 games.

i guess i'm like earl, i just have bad luck and thats why i lose ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solartje said:
if i a had a shot, i didnt take ball in hand... after 5-4 i always had a clear shot and didnt need to take ball in hand. i...;)

So...you are the one that stole DCP's good luck!

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Solartje said:
i wanted to beat the 9ball ghost for the first time officially EVER in a race to 10 as my xmas present for 2008!! Cleaned the whole table, the balls, got my mind ready and...

You still got a whole year 'till Christmas 2008... :D

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i got till monday, after that i'm off to amsterdam holland for... a good vacation with the wife ;)

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
aaaaaaaaaaargh !!!!

JUST aint my xmas...

After the failed 9ball ghost victory, i wanted to run my age and break my oficial straightpoolrun wich was 29 on a 9ft'er, and im 30.

this time i got my camera out, as i thought it might be cool to add the video later to the 14-1 forum. SO here is the movie = a 34 ball run !!!!! my RECORD and my AGE !!! or .....

ps: this is a 9 ft diamind squeesed into a 4.5m x 5.5m (15feet by 18feet) large (NOT) room... if the cb is close to the cussion, and i need to shot crossside, i have to take out the small cue and jack up.... now count the balls and whatch the 17th ball....

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=09vDCXhm64c

It explains all. if this *@#}{!!! wall wasnt in my way on the back stroke this straight in shot would have been a hanger and i would have had a 34 run instead of 2 stupid 16 + 17 runs!!

happy xmas ???? my ### !!! :p

i DO suck !!

i always ALMOST beat the best guy around,
i always ALMOST qualify for the big finals
i always ALMOST get into the hot seat
i always ALMOST beat my 2year old records.... but i never do :rolleyes:

I think im going to buy some gimics like earl has !! a lucky kneeprotection or so, or maybe kill an animal and sacrefice it for some luck-God. Ps just another post to show ya why one of my nicknames is Murphy. i hate murphy's law !

MArry xmas all from "the shadow man" :cool: