$$ Jeff OLNEY HOPPE " BUSHKA " Style Cue SUPER-SHARP !!!!!

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   1
BUTT 29 INCHES 15.4 OUNCES- Small steel weight bolt
3/8 10 st steel pin- Balabushka pattern inlays with diamonds and dots
super good looking cue "in hand-
Highly figured birdseye maple RAZOR-SHARP POINTS-
4 veneers BLACK, GREEN, ORANGE, NATURAL
shaft is 29 inches , weighs 3.5 ounces-"looks like Ivory ferrule, with black pad.-
shaft is 12.67mm- straight, nice tight grained shaft too-
straight-together and apart!

$$ 950.00 shipped/fully insd CONUS ONLY **** JEFF OLNEY " NO TAKING ORDERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Cue looks much better in hand-

***** I DON'T HAVE A SMART PHONE-MAY TAKE ME A MOMENT TO REPLY **********

DSCF2865.jpg

DSCF2866.jpg

DSCF2867.jpg

DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2869.jpg

Last edited:

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a believer

I recently bought a simple Merry Widow Olney cue. I didn’t really need a cue because I have two Franklin South West cues that fill my playing needs. However, those cues are so prized by me and impossible to replace, I’ve been looking for a player to use at bars, etc. The SW hit has set a mighty high bar. I hadn’t been able to find anything close. I read some strong reviews of Olney cues. Most of which mentioned the magic words for me—stiffness and resonant hit. So when I came across this Olney, I jumped on it. I am so glad I did!

My Olney cue has that impossible to describe intangible that the ball just seems to go in the pocket effortlessly. It does play with a stiff hit. As a SW user, it’s just right to me. It doesn’t have quite as strong a resonant report as either of my SW’s, but close, and much more than most anything else I’ve used. Needless to say, this cue fits that niche—great playing, low cost—I’ve been hoping to fill.

Of course, life is never predictable. I wrote Olney an email to tell him how much I admired his cue design and craftsmanship. Shortly, I received a reply from Jeff and a subsequent phone call. After a while, he mentioned that he was making a cue for himself and that he had a sister cue in mid-production. If I wanted it, he could have it ready in a few months, instead of a few years8. Oh shit. I don’t need another cue .... Well, it only took a few moments to contemplate. I sent my deposit within the hour. Damn ...