What's Happening in Louisville?

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
efren seems to be in action everywhere, last nite he played some guy that i should remember his name but my brain has left me for now, efren won 600 from him.
earlier he was playing someone while waiting for the matches to be over and he won a few hundred.
lots and lots of little games being played,but gunny is still in the tourney and a few of our friends so right now we are all running to watch each others matches.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this really sucks with no capital key,,,lol.
will try to update tomorrow
if u are a superstar u are at this tourney
everywhere and i mean everywhere there is one
for you earl fans,,,,,,,,,
earl was wearing white tape on all of his non gloved hand fingers
a nice hockey elbow pad
and some sort of wrist thingy
he was kicking some huge azz so maybe this works for him

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger said:
this really sucks with no capital key,,,lol.
will try to update tomorrow
if u are a superstar u are at this tourney
everywhere and i mean everywhere there is one
for you earl fans,,,,,,,,,
earl was wearing white tape on all of his non gloved hand fingers
a nice hockey elbow pad
and some sort of wrist thingy
he was kicking some huge azz so maybe this works for him

There is nothing better than watching The Earl Strickland Show. He is, without a doubt, fascinating, with his little quips and barbs, not to mention the man is a champion and can play. I hope Earl does well this week.

JAM

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some tidbits
Larry Price seems to be the man of the hour for action, he's upstairs playing some nine ball with someone(lol) little crowd around the table so will update later on outcome.
Efren is the king of match ups right now he is playing in between tourneys and such.
Tony the shirt is also in looking for games.
We just ran into Cliff and he said that him and Billy I are getting ready to play some.
The bar area (which you pass on the way to your room) has tons of little games going on, tons of action in the rooms upstairs tonite, and a tourney of 64 in the main room.
NO large 10k games yet, actually the betting is not huge yet. It's early, banks starts again tomorrow at 11 and one pocket starts at 1.
Jason Kirkwood is still in, he has one loss in the bank tourney but looks pretty strong watched him for a bit.
I'm not posting in the main forum, only in the derby city forum, so if yo
u have questions ask away will try to answer when I come back to the room.
later gators
the slingers

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger said:
We just ran into Cliff and he said that him and Billy I are getting ready to play some.

That should be a good game. Billy doesn't even take his stick out of the case unless he's feeling he got himself a good game. At the Open 2 years ago, Billy played Liljon even, and Billy triumphed in record time.

I'm sure Cliff is spotting him, but I can't imagine what it is. I don't remember how Cliff played my other half in Rockville last year, but Cliff at that time gave up some weight. It was one of those alternate handicaps, depending on whose break it is. To Cliff's credit, though, he was playing with a warped stick that wasn't his, and he still wanted to get in action. :eek:

SO, how many souvineers have you bought? I always like getting the Derby City Classic shirts and baseball caps! The other day, I was cleaning out a closet and was shocked at how many shirts and hats we have accumulated on the tournament trail. One of the winter favorites is a DCC fleece shirt with a V-neck. :p

How about that Shannon Daulton winning the ring game?! NICE score! :D

BTW, Diana Hoppe's pictures on AzBilliards Main Page are fun to look at. I am looking forward to seeing more!

JAM

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Didn't Joyner trounce Billy I. giving him a pretty sizeable handicap last year?

I thought Joyner ended up giving him 9-6 or 9-5 and still whooped him.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott 'The Freezer' Frost matched up early this AM with Cliff J. Played even, and Frost gets the cash. (1600.00) One pocket of course....

Earl and George B. are playing (9 Ball bank) right now on the tv table....all square a few mins ago.

Rick S.