• SprBS-Dog.jpg
    SprBS-Dog.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,422

cad1illac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck !

Danny Harriman said:
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I conveyed a message to John Shmidt that I am ready for a rematch while at the US Open. I told them I would be willing to travel to California to play, he has my phone # but has not tried to reach me I'm sensing fear from his end. I have a new sponsor for our 3rd match and feel I am playing better, I do have one condition and that there is a referee. This is so John won't pull the arguing about the rules namecalling desperation move, I did speak to the Action Report (justin) and he said the match would probably be in California. All I can say is I am ready, but if there are no ref's I will need an appearence fee and John will need life insurance. HA HA just a little joke , I have NOT quit playing and feel I can play better this time (seriously though - referee's are mandatory in this grudge match.) Ohh and if u read this Mr. 400 - here it is u have it in writing lets settle this I know your capable of gettin' there but show me one more time.
Sincereley, Danny Harriman (The Springfield Rifle)

Now this is action !!!!!!!!!! Hopefully TAR will be involved.

cad1illac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not have this at DCC to help keep expenses down as both players will be there along with TAR and Jay( I hope ). Perhaps just before or just after the event.

Njhustler1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cad1illac said:
Why not have this at DCC to help keep expenses down as both players will be there along with TAR and Jay( I hope ). Perhaps just before or just after the event.

I second this idea!!!!!! :yes:

Justlovecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I conveyed a message to John Shmidt that I am ready for a rematch while at the US Open. I told them I would be willing to travel to California to play, he has my phone # but has not tried to reach me I'm sensing fear from his end. I have a new sponsor for our 3rd match and feel I am playing better, I do have one condition and that there is a referee. This is so John won't pull the arguing about the rules namecalling desperation move, I did speak to the Action Report (justin) and he said the match would probably be in California. All I can say is I am ready, but if there are no ref's I will need an appearence fee and John will need life insurance. HA HA just a little joke , I have NOT quit playing and feel I can play better this time (seriously though - referee's are mandatory in this grudge match.) Ohh and if u read this Mr. 400 - here it is u have it in writing lets settle this I know your capable of gettin' there but show me one more time.
Sincereley, Danny Harriman (The Springfield Rifle)

Lets play the match Mr. OB-1 oooops...Shmidt! You guys are both great but 'The Springfield Rifle' Mr. Danny Harriman is my pick!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
I will take Danny for $1000 against anyone who wants to bet. And Danny if you win you get a free $500 jelly roll from me.

I will also take Danny in this match-up.

I will bet $250, in total, but I don't need to bet it all against 1 person. If someone wants to bet $50 or $100 that's fine. Just drop me a PM.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
ill think about but you have to be nice this time lol and not write 40 pages about me if i win again.

Good point. I think it would be in both parties' interest to have a 30 day NDA after the match is over. This will cut down on the loser's post-match-whining. I would love to see this match on DVD.

Poolmouse

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
TAR is in whenever the guys want to do the match.

I know John's backer Gary went to KC and I think if he is in on this one it is only fair that he have the first shot at holding it in his room in Victorville, California if he wants to. We would love to do it at the Derby but scheduling something like this around the tournaments would be a nightmare. A match with this history deserves it's own showcase without a player having to worry about making a 10 AM match. We are open to whatever the guys agree on though and will make it happen.

When I talked to Danny at the Open I think his words were "I don't care where it is. I will play anywhere in the United States and I am ready to go right now." :D

I think John might just be playing a little hard to get right now. I bet after he thinks about it for awhile that competitor in him is going to be hard to ignore. :D

After two all around's the count stands:

14.1: Split sets

One Pocket: Split sets

10 Ball: Split sets

I don't care if they play another all around or just one game. There HAS TO BE A FINAL MATCH !!!!!!

If we have to get a ref involved and all the details of the game on paper before hand then so be it. Hopefully both guys can agree on a game , rules and stipulations to make this happen. Anything Chad or I can do to help just let us know.

Man I want to see this thing go off.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
history?

Have there been 2 all-around matches already between them? That's what I got from JCIN"s post......Was it for the same stakes both times? If they both won once, then this will be the tie-breaker........

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Danny has a picture of John in his room that he throws darts at.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
wahcheck said:
Have there been 2 all-around matches already between them? That's what I got from JCIN"s post......Was it for the same stakes both times? If they both won once, then this will be the tie-breaker........
The first match:

14.1 Race to 400 points: John wins

1 Pocket Race to 10: Danny wins (hill-hill)

10 ball Race to 30: Danny wins (30-28)

Second match about 6 months later :

14.1 Race to 400 points: Danny wins

1 Pocket Race to 10: John wins (hill-hill again)

10 ball Race to 30: John wins

Each set was for $3300 a set with the agreement that if they split the first two they would play the final set for $10,000. Both sets came down to one guy having to win a hill hill one pocket set to force a $10K 10 ball set. Epic.

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
TAR is in whenever the guys want to do the match.

I know John's backer Gary went to KC and I think if he is in on this one it is only fair that he have the first shot at holding it in his room in Victorville, California if he wants to. We would love to do it at the Derby but scheduling something like this around the tournaments would be a nightmare. A match with this history deserves it's own showcase without a player having to worry about making a 10 AM match. We are open to whatever the guys agree on though and will make it happen.

When I talked to Danny at the Open I think his words were "I don't care where it is. I will play anywhere in the United States and I am ready to go right now." :D

I think John might just be playing a little hard to get right now. I bet after he thinks about it for awhile that competitor in him is going to be hard to ignore. :D

After two all around's the count stands:

14.1: Split sets

One Pocket: Split sets

10 Ball: Split sets

I don't care if they play another all around or just one game. There HAS TO BE A FINAL MATCH !!!!!!

If we have to get a ref involved and all the details of the game on paper before hand then so be it. Hopefully both guys can agree on a game , rules and stipulations to make this happen. Anything Chad or I can do to help just let us know.

Man I want to see this thing go off.

Justin, If Jay is not available or doesn't want to ref the match, I would offer my services. I am in Vegas and just a hop to California.

Bill Stock
BCA Pool League
Director of Referees
Rules Adminstrator
IPT Head Referee

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Bill S said:
Justin, If Jay is not available or doesn't want to ref the match, I would offer my services. I am in Vegas and just a hop to California.

Bill Stock
BCA Pool League
Director of Referees
Rules Adminstrator
IPT Head Referee
Thanks Bill.

I know you would do a great job.

Hopefully it will come together.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

JCIN said:
The first match:

14.1 Race to 400 points: John wins

1 Pocket Race to 10: Danny wins (hill-hill)

10 ball Race to 30: Danny wins (30-28)

Second match about 6 months later :

14.1 Race to 400 points: Danny wins

1 Pocket Race to 10: John wins (hill-hill again)

10 ball Race to 30: John wins

Each set was for $3300 a set with the agreement that if they split the first two they would play the final set for $10,000. Both sets came down to one guy having to win a hill hill one pocket set to force a $10K 10 ball set. Epic.

Thanks very much for these details; what this shows me is that they're pretty evenly matched......I agree with those that say this match should go off and it will be supremely interesting......and yes, this is another good thing about AZB.....