CTE PRO ONE: Tyler is a champion using it... now what? discredit CTE more?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you know how many DVDs were sold and how many people saw them and each of those person's level of understanding?
Just because you can't understand something Joey doesn't mean that others cannot.
A taiwanese pool coach who watched Stan's DVD got it with the sound off. Maybe the problem is your in ability to grasp what is being demonstrated.
John, you are (Biblically speaking) "casting pearls before swine".
Let 'em eat cake....:thumbup2:

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I kind of agree with John on this. Comprehending CTE isn't the easiest thing for many. I have the CTE dvd's. I watched them a few times and it just wasn't fully clicking. A while later I saw a Youtube video talking about the 90/90 system. I had an "AH HA" moment. I immediately went back to the CTE videos and realized what he was showing.

With that said, I made the switch about 2 years ago and my game improved. There is no guessing at "aim points" and for me, I make the shot 90+% of the time...as long as I don't stand up during the shot or something other than stayig down and following through.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is the real deal. Period. Countless amateur players and many professional players have increased their pocketing abilities after learning the Center to Edge method.

So you know how many DVDs were sold and how many people saw them and each of those person's level of understanding?

Oh...

the irony.

Lou Figueroa
all within two posts, lol

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I'd take advice from Stan over someone whos best advice is "Just hit the damn ball.... over, and over, and over again"

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd take advice from Stan over someone whos best advice is "Just hit the damn ball.... over, and over, and over again"

I can understand that.

In all endeavors in life some people will always be drawn to the magic. Want to lose weight or get in shape? Buy the pill or gadget off late night TV that promises to have you shedding pounds. Eating less and doing the reps and road work? Nah. The golfing industry has been making millions off guys who will never break a 100 by selling them clubs that will hit straighter. More time on the practice range? Nah.

At pool it's the same. Buy DVDs and a book to learn how to aim. Spend more time on the table and hit the damn ball over and over? Nah.

Lou Figueroa

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
People need somewhere to start or help if they are having trouble. And I would much rather pay $30-40 for a dvd or book than paying $2k for a 3-day clinic...was thought out loud? :rolleyes:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People need somewhere to start or help if they are having trouble. And I would much rather pay $30-40 for a dvd or book than paying $2k for a 3-day clinic...was thought out loud? :rolleyes:

If you are a beginner I recommend you go buy Poolology for like $5 or $10. This will speed the learning process so that you will eventually know when the shot is on just by looking at it. Advanced and certainly professional players don't use aiming systems (they may use a pre shot routine that they think is their aiming system, but it isn't). They just know when the shot looks right based on hours and hours of play. Sure, for certain shots on occasion we all probably use one kind of reference or another, but for the majority of shots you will just start to see when it is on.

The problem with most aiming systems is that they make claims that are not based in reality. Sure, you can pocket balls here and there with just about any aiming system, but you will only have consistent success when your brain learns what correct shots look like, which ironically may require you to deviate from the aiming system in order to make the shot.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
The problem with most aiming systems is that they make claims that are not based in reality.

Have you tried CTE or any other aiming system? If so, what part would you say is not "reality"? For CTE or the 90/90 system, I can tell you that it works exactly as they say it does...as long as you can accurately comprehend what they are teaching

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of agree with John on this. Comprehending CTE isn't the easiest thing for many. I have the CTE dvd's. I watched them a few times and it just wasn't fully clicking. A while later I saw a Youtube video talking about the 90/90 system. I had an "AH HA" moment. I immediately went back to the CTE videos and realized what he was showing.

With that said, I made the switch about 2 years ago and my game improved. There is no guessing at "aim points" and for me, I make the shot 90+% of the time...as long as I don't stand up during the shot or something other than stayig down and following through.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are on the right path.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are a beginner I recommend you go buy Poolology for like $5 or $10. This will speed the learning process so that you will eventually know when the shot is on just by looking at it. Advanced and certainly professional players don't use aiming systems (they may use a pre shot routine that they think is their aiming system, but it isn't). They just know when the shot looks right based on hours and hours of play. Sure, for certain shots on occasion we all probably use one kind of reference or another, but for the majority of shots you will just start to see when it is on.

The problem with most aiming systems is that they make claims that are not based in reality. Sure, you can pocket balls here and there with just about any aiming system, but you will only have consistent success when your brain learns what correct shots look like, which ironically may require you to deviate from the aiming system in order to make the shot.

The guy is making 90% of his shots and you want him to go buy a beginners book. Doesn't sound like very good advice to me.
Professional players DO use aiming systems and more and more are using CTE.
Advanced players also use them.
What category of player would you put yourself in?

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Have you tried CTE or any other aiming system? If so, what part would you say is not "reality"? For CTE or the 90/90 system, I can tell you that it works exactly as they say it does...as long as you can accurately comprehend what they are teaching

Well, then............put it to paper in a drawing.........

You know the one where a sphere has a edge.......

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
You may want to ask Eberle where the edge of the sphere is. Everything has an edge. Maybe you should change your perception :cool:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Just because you can't understand something Joey doesn't mean that others cannot.

A taiwanese pool coach who watched Stan's DVD got it with the sound off. Maybe the problem is your in ability to grasp what is being demonstrated.

The DVD's are so good, another book is needed to explain CTE .
If there was an overhead camera and some graphics, it would have reduced that whole thing by a mile.

You also don't understand it. In fact , in one of your videos , you use a ghos tball aiming template to line up shots while arguing it works.

Last edited:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Well, then............put it to paper in a drawing.........

You know the one where a sphere has a edge.......

Let's skip to the end of this quackery.

Remember this post?

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6418887&postcount=51

The text reads:

I’ve always known what was meant. I originally made that statement in jest, but so many made a effort to prove that balls had edges, I just couldn’t let it go.

What is even funnier is that what I thought matter to so many.

It’s been a real chuckle.........

Thanks for the trolling. Have fun on the way back to your bridge.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well let's make sure we are talking apples to apples. There are about as many variations of CTE as there are players. In a nutshell, how do you use CTE?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy is making 90% of his shots and you want him to go buy a beginners book. Doesn't sound like very good advice to me.
Professional players DO use aiming systems and more and more are using CTE.
Advanced players also use them.
What category of player would you put yourself in?

In your zeal to criticize me you failed to read what I wrote. Not knowing this individual, who said he just switched to CTE 2 years ago and still misses about 1 out of 10 shots, I said "If you are a beginner"... For the record, someone who misses 10% of his shots (assuming they are routine shots) is not far from a beginner.

Advanced players and pro's use a pre shot routine, which you continually conflate with an aiming system.

I consider myself an advanced player, and consider you one as well, from what little I could glean from your secretive Howard Hughes-esque presence in this forum.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

The part where two sets of balls "present themselves differently" depending on where they are on the table even if the distance between them is exactly the same. Stan's YouTube channel used to have a video of Stevie Moore showing this on side pocket shots, but that video can't be found anymore. It was pretty unrealistic, especially since that theory is so easy disprove. But sometimes in life it doesn't matter what can be proven or disproven.... All that matters is the belief that something is possible, and from there we can often make it happen.

JC

Coos Cues

Do you have a link to the 90/90 video that made it click for you?

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The part where two sets of balls "present themselves differently" depending on where they are on the table even if the distance between them is exactly the same. Stan's YouTube channel used to have a video of Stevie Moore showing this on side pocket shots, but that video can't be found anymore. It was pretty unrealistic, especially since that theory is so easy disprove. But sometimes in life it doesn't matter what can be proven or disproven.... All that matters is the belief that something is possible, and from there we can often make it happen.
Oh yes indeed....here's your daily treat too. Jump boy, jump.
Pavlov's Dog with captions.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...what part would you say is not "reality"
The part where two sets of balls "present themselves differently" depending on where they are on the table even if the distance between them is exactly the same.
The "objectivity problem" - the main bone of contention over the years. It's not about whether or not CTE "works" - it's about whether the way it's advertised to work is realistic.

I can tell you that it works exactly as they say it does... as long as you can accurately comprehend what they are teaching
If it can be accurately comprehended then it can be accurately described in terms that don't meander off into mumbo jumbo like "present themselves differently". Be the first.

pj
chgo