View Single Post
Old
  (#27)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-06-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
If a person has never had any experience with a particular cue maker's cues, how would they know "the way the cue maker does things" unless they asked?

I know Bob Meucci prefers to make all his cues butt heavy and there is even a video on his site (or was) that explains his reasoning why. https://youtu.be/NmK9e0BxWkY?t=104

Taiwanese pros prefer their cues to be butt heavy, rather than forward weighted. (I got this from Timothy Soong on here who is Taiwanese and has a billiards supply business there.)

FWIW, I prefer cues with no weight bolts if I can get the cue weight and balance the way I want it just from the selection of woods and the way it is constructed.

Some of the big collectors are a world of knowledge about cuemakers who are up
and coming, or cuemakers you might not think about on your own.
For instance I remember 15-years ago Fatboy told me about Sugartree.
Everyday I see guys looking for certain cues they must have played with or someone
recommended it..."Looking for a Joe Balonio cue, must have a leather wrap"
Someone played with a Balonio and had to has to have one
I'm always impressed when guys with no experience do their own research and come
up with a top notch cuemaker.

player...John Showman, Larry Vigus, Tascarella
player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Runde Schon
player...A-E, Lomax, Phillippi, Kenny Murrell
player...Bob Owen, Terry McFadden, Jacoby
player...Tim Scruggs, Woodworth, Kent Davis
player...Dave Jones, Predator, Loveland Customs
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob