Bar Table Champ.

telkwa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know of online brackets for this event, or was/is at it that knows anything? In particular, i am curious about how a couple locals (mike vidas and paul potier) did and who they played to get there.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As is customary with all tournaments, the results of the 9-ball bar box event is on AzBilliards Home Page. :p

Do some of the posters come onto the forum and bypass this page? Sometimes folks ask questions about tournament results, and all the while, the results have been on the Home Page for several days. :eek:

At any rate, it's all there in black and white, Edwin Montel as the winner of the 9-ball. To get there, click here: http://www.azbilliards.com

This is how I log onto this forum. Is there a shortcut I may be missing? :confused:

AND I'd be interested to learn more about Montel! :)

JAM

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:

JAM

Hi,
The style of his game is conservative & consistent. Neither he nor his game is fancy or flashy.You will not notice him if he is passing by.He likes action like many others.
The one that need to be watched is the kid who was placed third.He comes from a family of pool players-his grandma,grandpa,mother and aunt were all good players from Rapid city,South Dakota.Cheers
vagabond

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Edwin shoots awesome, he is probably one of the least known under rated players in North America who can beat anyone. I dont know if I would say he is not "flashy", I guess it depends what you think is flashy. Edwin plays the game with ALOT of spin on virtually every shot, he normally spins the balls in. His game looks pretty simple because he is pro level to the point that he very rarely has to make a impressive shot due to always getting the right angle. When he wants to he can pull shots out of his hat that would make alot of people do a double take.

Other then that ask Kieth about Edwin, he knows him and played him in Vegas a couple years ago for some decent cash playing bar box 9-ball.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celtic said:
that he very rarely has to make a impressive shot due to always getting the right angle.

Hi,
That is exactly what I am talking about.cheers
Vagabond

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celtic said:
...Other then that, ask Keith about Edwin. He knows him and played him in Vegas a couple years ago for some decent cash playing bar box 9-ball.

When I showed Keith his picture on AzBilliards Home Page, he did state he knew him. However, he never mentioned playing him on the bar box in Vegas. It's kind of funny how players have selected memory when it comes to games of stake! ;)

Which brings me to my next question. I'm going to ask Keith about that match, Celtic, when the Earthquake rises, but before I do, who won? :eek:

JAM

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
JAM said:
Which brings me to my next question. I'm going to ask Keith about that match, Celtic, when the Earthquake rises, but before I do, who won? :eek:
JAM

Well, Edwin was killing Keith in the first set, got to the hill at about 10-5 or so in a race to 11. At that point Keith caught up and made it hill hill. Instead of Keith just breaking and having the good chance at the cash with the momentum on his side Keith and Edwin both jumped at the chance to start the set over and double the stakes. I dont think it was a very good choice for Keith, he should have broke at hill hill and won the match, he obviously figured with the momentum now on his side he could beat him the next set for double. Edwin made alot of cash that day on the set and a ton on side bets he covered as well.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Do some of the posters come onto the forum and bypass this page? Sometimes folks ask questions about tournament results, and all the while, the results have been on the Home Page for several days. :eek:

At any rate, it's all there in black and white, Edwin Montel as the winner of the 9-ball. To get there, click here: http://www.azbililards.com

This is how I log onto this forum. Is there a shortcut I may be missing? :confused:

JAM
You try'n to keep a blond(well used to be), senior citizen busy? :D
RE: http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=10632

This will bypass home page. Whether it's simpler, well...YMMV :)
http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/index.php?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earthquake has arisen...

Celtic said:
Well, Edwin was killing Keith in the first set, got to the hill at about 10-5 or so in a race to 11. At that point Keith caught up and made it hill-hill. Instead of Keith just breaking and having the good chance at the cash with the momentum on his side Keith and Edwin both jumped at the chance to start the set over and double the stakes. I don't think it was a very good choice for Keith, he should have broke at hill-hill and won the match, he obviously figured with the momentum now on his side he could beat him the next set for double. Edwin made a lot of cash that day on the set and a ton on side bets he covered as well.

After consultation, I found out what happened! :p

Keith says: I was having trouble with his break during this set and wasn't playing well during the match. I was hoping to break Montel down on a second set, but as it turned out, it didn't happen like that. :(

JAM says: If I was there in Vegas and watched this match unfold, there wouldn't have been a second set! :mad:

Keith replies: Who does JAM think she is? She won't even get on an airplane. :rolleyes:

JAM confirms: If God meant for humans to fly, they'd have wings, but JAM would have had the COMMON SENSE to bring home that money and not go for another match. :cool:

JAM [Does not like Las Vegas!] :p

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Hi,
The style of his game is conservative & consitent. Neither he nor his game is fancy or flashy.You will not notice him if he is passing by.He likes action like many others.
The one that need to be watched is the kid who was placed third.He comes from a family of pool players-his grandma,grandpa,mother and aunt were all good players from rapid city,South Dakota.Cheers
vagabond
There was a thread awhile ago about Shane V on az,i saw him play and win VNEA masters,also some cash,fearless player.Also know Edwin,plays good for the cash.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah Edwin certainly is underrated, but I don't think he minds it being big on playing alot of cash games. Look out for him in the eight ball division as well ;)

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy way

JAM said:
As is customary with all tournaments, the results of the 9-ball bar box event is on AzBilliards Home Page. :p

At any rate, it's all there in black and white, Edwin Montel as the winner of the 9-ball. To get there, click here: http://www.azbilliards.com

JAM
Depending on which page I want to go to I have both the main page and the forum page listed in my favorites column so I am one click away from wherever I want to go. Just saves time. No biggie

telkwa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As is customary with all tournaments, the results of the 9-ball bar box event is on AzBilliards Home Page.

Do some of the posters come onto the forum and bypass this page? Sometimes folks ask questions about tournament results, and all the while, the results have been on the Home Page for several days.

This is how I log onto this forum. Is there a shortcut I may be missing?

AND I'd be interested to learn more about Montel!

JAM

As is customary with most forum posts I respond to, I actually read what the person says. Thank you for implying that I am an idiot JAM :)

If you re-read my original post you will see I am not interested in the winner or 2nd 3rd 4th 5th, since none of those spots were filled by the two players I am interested in. AZB's coverage does not tell me what I wanted to know, so I asked on here hoping someone might.

-edit- fixed a typo.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
telkwa said:
As is customary with most forum posts I respond to, I actually read what the person says. Thank you for implying that I am an idiot JAM :)

If you re-read my original post you will see I am not interested in the winner or 2nd 3rd 4th 5th, since none of those spots were filled by the two players I am interested in. AZB's coverage does not tell me what I wanted to know, so I asked on here hoping someone might.

-edit- fixed a typo.

Never meant to imply you were "an idiot," Telkwa. I was hoping to provide a link to the article in case you logged onto to AzBilliards Discussion Forum without going through AzBilliards.com first.

My mistake. Sorry for the reply.

JAM