Can use cheaper wood
Does not need years of seasoning

Cons:
More manufacture steps.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the pros and cons?

Nothing good for the players really, manufacturers can use cheaper less select wood for shafts.

There is a somewhat bonus that the flexibility of the shaft is more even no matter which way you rotate it, but I don't think that matters that much.

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
User::
Pros:
Generally used to make low deflection shafts

Cons:
can delaminate

Manufacture:
Pros:
Can use cheaper wood
Does not need years of seasoning

Cons:
More manufacture steps.
Tell us more about the cheaper woods and seasoning process please sir. You seem to be an authority on this subject, so please enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Tell us more about the cheaper woods and seasoning process please sir. You seem to be an authority on this subject, so please enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge.

Please cease and desist. Don't you know I have exclusive rights to pissy sarcastic and mildly passive-aggressive posts?

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
What'd I say?

Please cease and desist. Don't you know I have exclusive rights to pissy sarcastic and mildly passive-aggressive posts?
Please excuse my trespasses, kind sir. I will comply with your protest. :D

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the woods are cheap in LD shafts. Of course you may get a bad one here
and there but generally I find the wood fine. I've got a couple of the original
Predator shafts and the wood is fantastic and pretty dark.
I've seen many standard Maple shafts that were horrible. Actually I've seen more
crappy maple shafts then LD shafts.
There's only a handful of cuemakers that have extraordinary shaftwood.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
What's the pros and cons?

To me ld shafts fit well with the way I aim.(the connection between the balls)You can shoot at I high level with either.

The biggest truth about shafts are...which ever one you choose "always"play with it.;)

Anthony