Groot runs a 150

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was awesome to watch. Like someone else said, those delicate masse shots are awesome. You have a really nice touch.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice playing, a lot of the shots remind me of my (past) carom training.
Some of the shots are just so easy with the carom balls.
He's also very good a assembling the balls so the next hit is easier again.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Very nice playing, a lot of the shots remind me of my (past) carom training.
Some of the shots are just so easy with the carom balls.
He's also very good a assembling the balls so the next hit is easier again.

And that's the most difficult/beautiful part to small games carom
Gathering them, keeping close to the short rail to continue to score

It's key or else you won't make big runs if your fighting with the balls scattered all over the table

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess that is Raymon Groot from the Netherlands but with the hat on it's hard to tell. He played in the Verhoeven Open 3-Cushion that just finished in NYC. He finished first in his qualification group including a win over Eddy Merckx, the former world champion. I got to score one of his games.

For those who do not know the game he is playing, he just has to hit the two other balls with his cue ball but is not allowed to keep the balls in one area. If the two object balls are in one of the marked rectangles, he has one shot to prepare and on the next shot must drive one of the balls out of the area.

He's got pretty good speed control.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I guess that is Raymon Groot from the Netherlands but with the hat on it's hard to tell. He played in the Verhoeven Open 3-Cushion that just finished in NYC. He finished first in his qualification group including a win over Eddy Merckx, the former world champion. I got to score one of his games.

For those who do not know the game he is playing, he just has to hit the two other balls with his cue ball but is not allowed to keep the balls in one area. If the two object balls are in one of the marked rectangles, he has one shot to prepare and on the next shot must drive one of the balls out of the area.

He's got pretty good speed control.

Not Raymond Groot

I spelled the name wrong anyways lol his name is

Gert Jan Veldhuizen

Hence his YouTube channel gj billiards