An Easier Version Of Vernon Elliot's Cross Corner Bank.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
The way the shot is drawn up in the book I absolutely can't do. Maybe someone can coach me. The object ball is supposed to be closer to the corner pocket along the rail. I had to move it back a diamond or so to make the shot. No matter how thinly I cut the object ball it will not go.

A note to Freddie: I hope you don't mind me posting this stuff. Several people on youtube and az has told me that my videos have caused them to buy your books. If at any time you want me to pull any of it I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5o1-mFfpk

Regards,
Marcus

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
The way the shot is drawn up in the book I absolutely can't do. Maybe someone can coach me. The object ball is supposed to be closer to the corner pocket along the rail. I had to move it back a diamond or so to make the shot. No matter how thinly I cut the object ball it will not go. ..
That's because you need retrograde spin on the cue ball. The side that hits the object ball has to be moving backwards relative to the object ball. Most people are not willing to put that much spin on the ball. You need to hit the ball with maximum outside and a little draw. If you don't miscue at least one in ten, you are probably not far enough off center.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Go ahead, I dont mind

mnorwood said:
The way the shot is drawn up in the book I absolutely can't do. Maybe someone can coach me. The object ball is supposed to be closer to the corner pocket along the rail. I had to move it back a diamond or so to make the shot. No matter how thinly I cut the object ball it will not go.

A note to Freddie: I hope you don't mind me posting this stuff. Several people on youtube and az has told me that my videos have caused them to buy your books. If at any time you want me to pull any of it I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5o1-mFfpk

Regards,
Marcus

I dont mind. You did plug the book anyway. I am working on DVD's right now that will really explain some of those trick banks.

the Beard