What is the OLDEST pool hall in America ?

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
With the posting in another thread about Bakers pool hall in Florida closing it's doors after 65 years i was wondering what is the oldest pool hall in America ?

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
cuejoey said:
With the posting in another thread about Bakers pool hall in Florida closing it's doors after 65 years i was wondering what is the oldest pool hall in America ?

It might be up the road from me, Smiths Billiards in Springfield, Ma. was opened in 1902 http://www.smithsbilliards.com .

luckylady

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smiths

I agree. It celebrated its 100 th birthday several years ago so 1902 sounds about right.
Dr Cue was there for the celebration.
It's located in downtown Springfield,MA just off Main St.

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Belmont Billiards is very old, at lest 75 years. Is there anyone in Dayton, Ohio who can get the correct age?

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Belmont is pretty old but I'm not sure how old. Too old in my opinion. That place should have been bulldozed long ago!:D

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The 211 billiard club in seattle closed around 2001 after being in business since 1898 =( Check out how cool their mission statement was:
"No bullshit. No noise. Just pool."

Something called the "orton pool and sports bar" in wilmington, NC claims to be the oldest. Can't find details about when they were founded.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the rex Club in Lodi Ca is open it would be close, but i thionk it went down in the late 80's.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy

Heya Fatboy,
Dunno if you saw this.. I posted an image of a playing chip from The Rex in Lodi. Caught my attention because my name is Rex. :D

rexpool.jpg

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
The joint in Mass. has or had real Tiffinay lights over the tables, if I remember correctly. Just up the road from someone with alot of valuable wood.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booches in Columbia MO has been around since 1884. As I understand it the original location burnt down, they have been in their current location since the 1920's.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cyrex said:
Heya Fatboy,
Dunno if you saw this.. I posted an image of a playing chip from The Rex in Lodi. Caught my attention because my name is Rex. :D

rexpool.jpg

wow thats cool, are they still open. I think I heard they closed, is that yours?