Tunica in july..... Rumor?

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it will have a ton of barboxes versus the DCC only having 1 bar table and 60 big tracks. I also believe there will be multiple 10' tables with one piece slate at least that has been mentioned in the past as being in the cards. Maybe the spokesmodel handsome Lou will fill us in as to the exact events and equipment as he finds out more of the plans from Greg. Take it away Lou.

I think it will be a great event and should draw a huge crowd of players.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Tunica happening with 9' & 7' Tables

There is no info on that website about an amateur event.

I've heard from a good source - meaning G.S. at Derby, there will be around 80 Bar Tables along with few dozen 9 ft tables.

I understand everyone would like to see an official press release on this event, but one thing Diamond is famous for is being detail oriented. DCC was only about a month ago and most business takes around 2 months to close the finance books on astronomical event as DCC!

Plus, DCC isn't the only demanding event Diamond is involved. I'm sure it's crazy at the plant loading tables to go out in a week for Super Billiard Expo.

I can't speak for Diamond, but I'm sure they will release a statement as soon as no lose end can be detected.

Tunica is happening for sure :thumbup: Now start saving the bank roll :cool:

S.G.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were all told there would be a huge amateur event on bar tables. Could someone who knows, please fill me in

Yes. At the DCC Ken Shuman announced right before the banks finale that Diamond would be hauling in 80-some odd bar boxes for an amateur event at Tunica.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it will have a ton of barboxes versus the DCC only having 1 bar table and 60 big tracks. I also believe there will be multiple 10' tables with one piece slate at least that has been mentioned in the past as being in the cards. Maybe the spokesmodel handsome Lou will fill us in as to the exact events and equipment as he finds out more of the plans from Greg. Take it away Lou.

I think it will be a great event and should draw a huge crowd of players.

I cannot confirm nor deny the 10 footers at this time.

Lou Figueroa
getting' back into the swing
of this kinda gig :)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard there was going to be 90 some odd barboxes not 80 some. Or was it 70 some?

Lou - can we get clarification on that?

Also, what type of refreshments will be made available? I'm particularly interested to know if there will be any peanuts. That is all.

I'm not booking my room until I hear back from the appointed spokesperson, preferably on company letterhead.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I wouldn't say I'm a banger, but I'm definitely no shortstop. If I run a rack, it's pretty much, "Dear diary, I had a great day! Ran a rack! I hope I can run another one this month...."

I assume I'll be fodder at this tournament, but being only 3 hours away.....it hits me that I really wanna go to this. I think it will be a great experience.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Tunica is happening for sure :thumbup: Now start saving the bank roll :cool:

S.G.

Sunny,
I've decided to go (once I get some hotel info).

I'm starting on the bankroll today....I'm hoping we can all have dinner at least once (though Mark was OBVIOUSLY ducking me in Reno last week...).

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i plan on being there as work permits as i only live about an hour away.

as far as the rumor mill goes... i heard that the apa is going to hold a tournament there afterwards on the same tables. i was asked to join a team that is going to play in it.

i dont know any details, it is just what i heard.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Sunny,
I've decided to go (once I get some hotel info).

I'm starting on the bankroll today....I'm hoping we can all have dinner at least once (though Mark was OBVIOUSLY ducking me in Reno last week...).

That is great news! We will see you July 20-28!

I'm sure Diamond will update their website soon with details of the event along with Hotel Discount Code ** Very important!! :D

And I want to thank you very much for all your 'help' during Reno... And going along the extravagant & theatrical show Mark put up in order to duck the rematch of you two... Personally, I believe Mark was way out of stroke and had no choice, but in order to not lose his face & pride he had us all fooled... (please keep this convo between you and me as I hope not to be in dog house for siding away from home court...;))

I will put Mark on strict and grueling training regiment so he will be on top of his game when he meets up with you at Tunica. He will not sleep until he steals the Betmore Cup away from your safe guarding!

Sunny G.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 10 footer event is going to be an invitational event.. the entry is still being decided and the key aspect of it is if you want a spot and weren't invited you can challenge someone for their spot...............

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
While in Tunica

For those of you that will be attending this event let me say Welcome to the Mid-South. The mississippi delta during july is ....... well....hotter than hell and as humid as a steam bath. If you are attending and would like to see and hear a bit of Memphis music while in town, let me know. I have several friends that are musicians here and will be happy to share the Memphis Music Experience with my fellow pool lovers. ........Dan

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that will be attending this event let me say Welcome to the Mid-South. The mississippi delta during july is ....... well....hotter than hell and as humid as a steam bath. If you are attending and would like to see and hear a bit of Memphis music while in town, let me know. I have several friends that are musicians here and will be happy to share the Memphis Music Experience with my fellow pool lovers. ........Dan

whats up dan ? have not heard from you in a while, i lost your number when i got a new phone. you still hang out at the local ?

the weather aint gonna bother us, we gonna be inside shooting pool !

just remembered i got to remind my boss to get me a free room down there for that week. maybe i will see you there.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update on the apa tournament held in tunica after the southern classic.

i was told tonight that it is 300.00 per team entry. also team handicap is raised to 24. dont know what all the payouts number of teams etc, etc but i was told it is going to be 5,000.00 for 1st place.

im in it if it happens , we got our team lined up :grin: