Shaw vs Hatch 10 ball and Anton Raga

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read about this on facebook and Shaw was basically saying he would play anyone. Hatch stepped up saying he would depending on the location bet 10 or 20 k.

Not sure about anyone else but I like Shaw here all day comfortably. You?

And then that chris clark the filipino journalist or whatever he is says shaw should play raga and what weight would he want.

Shaw response class " i dont need weight, never have never will"

i heard this raga a beast spots efren an busty etc would love to see more of him

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I read about this on facebook and Shaw was basically saying he would play anyone. Hatch stepped up saying he would depending on the location bet 10 or 20 k.

And then that chris clark the filipino journalist or whatever he is says shaw should play raga and what weight would he want.

i heard this raga a beast spots efren an busty etc would love to see more of him

Like you, I think Shaw will be the betting favorite, but after seeing the Hatch/Biado match on a super tight table at Hard Times Bellflower, I have new respect for Dennis. It was a very tight match all the way. Dennis plays very well for the cash.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing that bugs me about Shaw is that at times he pulls a mini Earl where he pretty much gives up on a set if he feels he is not playing his best or maybe is being bothered by the other player.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
One thing that bugs me about Shaw is that at times he pulls a mini Earl where he pretty much gives up on a set if he feels he is not playing his best or maybe is being bothered by the other player.

No doubt Shaw can get pissy. I kind of expected similar from Hatch when he played Biado, especially since Hatch is twice the size of Carlo, but he was a true gentleman the entire match. I though he was a class act as a pool player.

Last edited:

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah I saw him do that against Earl at Steinway last summer.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i heard this raga a beast spots efren an busty etc would love to see more of him[/QUO

I think Hatch is a better gambler than Shaw. I have seen a little dog in Jason.

2strong4u

Banned
If Hatch can't intimidate Shaw he can't beat him.

I'd bet Shaw all day long. His top gear is much higher than Hatch can attain.

minnesota_slim

Registered
irony

I used to say when I saw Jayson, that the one I thought he reminds me of is Dennis back when Dennis was Dennis. They both have an extremely high top gear, but I haven't seen that from Dennis in a while. Right now I would agree Jayson is the favorite, but I wouldn't sell Dennis short.

liakos

Banned
If Hatch can't intimidate Shaw he can't beat him.

I'd bet Shaw all day long. His top gear is much higher than Hatch can attain.

Lol, never in a million years! I've seen both players play! Hatch has way too much experience. Like another poster said,,, Shaw got some dog in him!

If both players are playing there top gear, hatch is a ball better in a long match! Races to 15 and under Shaw will win a few no doubt, but once they start going 21+, "The Hatchet" 80/20.

Hatch doesn't need to "intimidate" all he has to do is show and play! He is a very underestimated player

Eli

2strong4u

Banned
Lol, never in a million years! I've seen both players play! Hatch has way too much experience. Like another poster said,,, Shaw got some dog in him!

If both players are playing there top gear, hatch is a ball better in a long match! Races to 15 and under Shaw will win a few no doubt, but once they start going 21+, "The Hatchet" 80/20.

Hatch doesn't need to "intimidate" all he has to do is show and play! He is a very underestimated player

Eli
I doubt they will ever play for 10 to 20k. If they do it won't be there money anyway. So why not just play? Because it's a lot easier to say you are the better player than step up and prove it.

Jason has already done things Dennis can't. Winning back to back Turning Stone events is won. Dennis can't get his head right to win there...partying all night doesn't help. Meanwhile Shaw beat Mika so bad he looked like he wanted to quit pool.

Shaws match with SVB to 100 was a great display. He was down by a huge margin day 1 and lost at 94 to 100 as I recall. His safe game lost it IMO. A few lock safes and he could have one. Don't believe for a minute Hatch could handle that pressure as good as Shaw.

If they play we can wager on it...pm me.

liakos

Banned
I doubt they will ever play for 10 to 20k. If they do it won't be there money anyway. So why not just play? Because it's a lot easier to say you are the better player than step up and prove it.

Jason has already done things Dennis can't. Winning back to back Turning Stone events is won. Dennis can't get his head right to win there...partying all night doesn't help. Meanwhile Shaw beat Mika so bad he looked like he wanted to quit pool.

Shaws match with SVB to 100 was a great display. He was down by a huge margin day 1 and lost at 94 to 100 as I recall. His safe game lost it IMO. A few lock safes and he could have one. Don't believe for a minute Hatch could handle that pressure as good as Shaw.

If they play we can wager on it...pm me.

Totally respect your opinion! And absolutely, if they play we can do something;) as long as it's a minimum race to 50!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Eli

I agree most with this assessment
Jayson does not have the high gear of the 1st tier elite like SVB , Kos , Changs, Dennis O
I like watching Jayson and not trying to knocking him. But I believe most of the positive vibes on him goes back to few months ago when he was the big flavor of month when he put down Diva Mika under 25 mins and he won back2back TP.

Having said that , I would rate Anton above both Jayson and Hatch. Anton can only get better and that is scary. :grin:

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
I like Dennis' game a lot but I think Shaw has much more fight in him at this point in time.
That being said, Dennis' highest gear is better than Shaw's, but only IF Dennis can get there. :smile:

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Dennis' game a lot but I think Shaw has much more fight in him at this point in time.
That being said, Dennis' highest gear is better than Shaw's, but only IF Dennis can get there. :smile:

hatch has a higher gear than SHAW, is that a wind up?

few people have said that so where is this gear? where did he show it? is ther any vids of this? Jayson has torched a world champ in under 25 mins and almost beat svb in race to 100 going unconscious for bout an hour in teh second day?

hatch is goood but no gear compared to shaws

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hatch has a higher gear than SHAW, is that a wind up?

few people have said that so where is this gear? where did he show it? is ther any vids of this? Jayson has torched a world champ in under 25 mins and almost beat svb in race to 100 going unconscious for bout an hour in teh second day?

hatch is goood but no gear compared to shaws

No vids, but he's been at the to level since about 14...and that was 3+ decades ago.

liakos

Banned
No vids, but he's been at the to level since about 14...and that was 3+ decades ago.

I had the opportunity to watch Dennis play 3 yrs ago a money match with a local A player! Dennis gave him the last 3 or 4 and 5 games to 15! I watched the whole match, Dennis miscued on shot where he was totally jacked up on the middle of the table and he missed 1 ball( rattled it) the entire match! I'm sure if his tpa would of been 990+!

Not saying that has never been done, but for the cash, I think he is a stone cold killer at the table! That was by far the best match I've ever watched in person or on video, and I have seen a lot!!! Even efrens 9 or 10 pack on busty does NOT compare! The only match I can think of that gets close is the one that I played and,,,uh,,,well,,,yeah anyway;)