Matlock vs Keither

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this is good info. Keith hasn't hit a ball, and Dave's working in a top pool room. Dave will not only have the home team advantage, but he's been playing, I'm sure.

Dave is a player with a lot of determination and has a serious tableside demeanor, and Keith is, well, Keith. I'm not sure about this match-up. :embarrassed2:

It might be fun, of course, but I don't think it's going to happen. At least I haven't heard anything about it.
Keith hasn't hit a ball? What's he doing with all of his time, working a job or fishing?

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith hasn't hit a ball? What's he doing with all of his time, working a job or fishing?

Hopefully fishing 🎣 it's good for you . Let them hit balls all day and night while we fish and get our mind right! If they play I'm going to be there so if any AZers want some action come on up we can watch and play ! Promise I won't hit a single ball and will fish until this happens

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
At this stage of their lives....I’d like to see Keith and David do an exhibition tour.
...they have both earned it.

THE BIG BALL TOUR

1874E313-FB1A-4B0E-9000-D201E431CCE7.jpeg

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a (Big Ball ) from the Bar Rag Shootout in the 80,s. Wow 2 shot shootout no jump cues 10 ahead . REAL pool. Two monster players . Heaven. Tho should be played in Iowa.Im in.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a resource you are, Freddie. I just ordered one!

( Yeah, I admit it. I'm a cue ball freak. So sue me... )

:grin:
I've seen Matlock do things with the big rock that border on surreal. Dave grew up playing 3c(his high run is something like 17-18) and has always had a TREMENDOUS dose of high-octane in his left arm. He was giving a good local guy the 8 on a Valley. Dave rolled-out(hello) to a full table length jump. With his playing wand(no shorties then) he jumped, made the shot and drew that big-ass stone all the way back for his next shot. Everybody just kinda looked at each other with that "WTF did i just see?" look on their face. Good times.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've seen Matlock do things with the big rock that border on surreal. Dave grew up playing 3c(his high run is something like 17-18) and has always had a TREMENDOUS dose of high-octane in his left arm. He was giving a good local guy the 8 on a Valley. Dave rolled-out(hello) to a full table length jump. With his playing wand(no shorties then) he jumped, made the shot and drew that big-ass stone all the way back for his next shot. Everybody just kinda looked at each other with that "WTF did i just see?" look on their face. Good times.

David is the 10th of a family of 15 kids....
...well, he’s a 10 with the big ball also.
Frank Jonik played well with the big ball...said....Matlock was the best.

Anybody know the exact size of the big ball?
..is it smaller than a 3-cushion ball?

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Yeah... what a player, huh? Saw him play @ 74 or so. Just sick...

Remember Gene the Machine? I forget his last name but MAN could he steer Big Whitey around that bar box. He was poetry in motion too.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah... what a player, huh? Saw him play @ 74 or so. Just sick...

Remember Gene the Machine? I forget his last name but MAN could he steer Big Whitey around that bar box. He was poetry in motion too.
Wow. Talk about deja-f^&*g-vu. Gene Cooper from Ft.Paine, Ala. He came thru Tulsa in the early 80's. I steered him around and helped him acquire recreational chemicals for his trip back to Vegas. He was a world-class card counter as well as a bar-table monster. I should say "semi" monster 'cause while he was here another big-ball guru, Mike Hyland from Neb., was in town and he put a major beat down on 'ol Gene. Matlock, Hyland and John Shuput were the best that i actually saw with the big ball. Hadn't thought about Gene in a minute or two.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Wow. Talk about deja-f^&*g-vu. Gene Cooper from Ft.Paine, Ala. He came thru Tulsa in the early 80's. I steered him around and helped him acquire recreational chemicals for his trip back to Vegas. He was a world-class card counter as well as a bar-table monster. I should say "semi" monster 'cause while he was here another big-ball guru, Mike Hyland from Neb., was in town and he put a major beat down on 'ol Gene. Matlock, Hyland and John Shuput were the best that i actually saw with the big ball. Hadn't thought about Gene in a minute or two.

Cooper! Yes! I would've loved to have seen him in action against Matlock. And, as you know, Gar, EVERYONE books losers, regardless. But I'll tell you what. He literally could not get played, even, on a bar box with Big Whtey when he was down here every year for the Citrus Open at Bakers. NOBODY wanted him. And Louie told me ( not that Louie couldn't have been wrong about anything ) Cooper was the strongest, most over-powering bar-boxer he'd ever seen and Louie didn't think any swingin' d**k could get there with him even. But... I've heard the same thing about Matlock, so... :) Both tremendous players. I never saw Hyland play. I think I saw Shuput but not sure...

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fat Randy ,Buddy, Allen Hopkins Joe Salazar,Larry Hubbart Benny(goose) Conway.Rich Geiler( the Hat). .Alot of Big rock guys because there was action at that game.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
..and Keith, Eugene Browning, Larry (forget last name - from Chattanooga), Jerry Bento, Brian Atchley, Danny Jones, New York Blackie --- dang, those were the days!!

Pure action, everywhere.

-von

Fat Randy ,Buddy, Allen Hopkins Joe Salazar,Larry Hubbart Benny(goose) Conway.Rich Geiler( the Hat). .Alot of Big rock guys because there was action at that game.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matlock on a bar box with big whitey... not too many want any of that!
Having said that, give Keith a week hitting balls and he'd still instill
some fear.. so much natural talent.. I'll stream that, bring it!:smile: