SVB Or Any American in The China Open?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Anybody know what if any American's are going to the China Open in June?

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I guess not. What the hell has happened to American pool players? Johnnyt

calcwby4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do believe that Oscar Domingez said that he was going ... but I'm not sure about that .. he has mentioned going to Asia this month ... ????

dom_poppa

Banned
American players don't want to embarrass themselves.

Just like how Lebron James doesn't enter the slam dunk contest. If he wins, he is suppose to win, if he lose, it will be embarrassing.

The reward doesn't outweigh the pro because they would get their ass handed to them in China. They have the greatest players there. More even compared to the top heavy pro's we have.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
American players don't want to embarrass themselves.

Just like how Lebron James doesn't enter the slam dunk contest. If he wins, he is suppose to win, if he lose, it will be embarrassing.

The reward doesn't outweigh the pro because they would get their ass handed to them in China. They have the greatest players there. More even compared to the top heavy pro's we have.

the prize for China Open is indeed very rewarding, a lot of cash.

and players who have to play qualifications round are refunded entry fee if they get through. the qualification round is really tough. they play knocked out, each day have 2-4 players to the final rounds, to get there, a player must win 9 matches in a row.

Shane played there last year or year before last. and I believe top players are invited directly to the final rounds. The prob may lies at sponsor, whether Predator/Mezz/Cuetec want their US players to play there or not, if they want, then of course they will play.

the top pros in my country are practicing for this China Open also. All of them have to play qualifications and most are not sponsored.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what if any American's are going to the China Open this month?

I wish we have a say to where our tax money go!!, i would certainly put it in a fund to sponsor SVB, Earl, or many others to go and represent USA. Too bad! what can we do about it!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish we have a say to where our tax money go!!, i would certainly put it in a fund to sponsor SVB, Earl, or many others to go and represent USA. Too bad! what can we do about it!!!

Why not support your local figure skater, guitar player, scientist, bike racer, artist, poet, fashion designer....etc?

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to disagree with everyone on this subject. But, if it were me, I wouldn't want to travel to that place either. NTM, they play on tables with buckets, short races (if like in the past) so any joe could come from nowhere and get lucky. You could potentially get caught up in political shenanigans and held prisoner in a country that abhors the west (unless it benefits their pocket). Even with my simple background, I would possibly never make it out of the country.

NTM, that few of our top players have learned lessons on international travel. They have never had to travel internationally to make ends meet, so they aren't versed in simple things like dining customs and language, accommodations customs or even the simplest everyday conveniences (like finding a toilet when shopping). And all of these things change in every country.

Also, for some odd reason, when Americans travel we tend to dislike the food most of all. To me, our food is the worst. However, if you've lived in other countries for any amount of time, you likely would eventually grow to enjoy the freshness and unique tastes of other countries. American food relies on fried saturated fats and loads of sugars to make the food taste the same as the competitors. Of course, this is coming from someone that picked up a fried chicken biscuit, hash browns and coffee from Hardee's on the way to work this morning. Lol

Daren

Respect, Courage, and Commitment!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to disagree with everyone on this subject. But, if it were me, I wouldn't want to travel to that place either. NTM, they play on tables with buckets, short races (if like in the past) so any joe could come from nowhere and get lucky. You could potentially get caught up in political shenanigans and held prisoner in a country that abhors the west (unless it benefits their pocket). Even with my simple background, I would possibly never make it out of the country.

NTM, that few of our top players have learned lessons on international travel. They have never had to travel internationally to make ends meet, so they aren't versed in simple things like dining customs and language, accommodations customs or even the simplest everyday conveniences (like finding a toilet when shopping). And all of these things change in every country.

Also, for some odd reason, when Americans travel we tend to dislike the food most of all. To me, our food is the worst. However, if you've lived in other countries for any amount of time, you likely would eventually grow to enjoy the freshness and unique tastes of other countries. American food relies on fried saturated fats and loads of sugars to make the food taste the same as the competitors. Of course, this is coming from someone that picked up a fried chicken biscuit, hash browns and coffee from Hardee's on the way to work this morning. Lol

Daren

Respect, Courage, and Commitment!

You have a point, but that is why i want them sponsored so they get the best flight, hotels, and best food, and great experience? and not nickle and dime it, and end up regretting it.

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the only two that have a reasonable chance of snapping it off are Shane and Johnny. Johnny is now a middle aged business owner with a family to boot. Shane makes six figures without having to leave our country, so, why would he?

strokin'myshaft

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the prize for China Open is indeed very rewarding, a lot of cash.

and players who have to play qualifications round are refunded entry fee if they get through. the qualification round is really tough. they play knocked out, each day have 2-4 players to the final rounds, to get there, a player must win 9 matches in a row.

Shane played there last year or year before last. and I believe top players are invited directly to the final rounds. The prob may lies at sponsor, whether Predator/Mezz/Cuetec want their US players to play there or not, if they want, then of course they will play.

the top pros in my country are practicing for this China Open also. All of them have to play qualifications and most are not sponsored.

I wonder what the top pay-out this year.

When Orcollo won it in 2012 it was, IIRC, $45K. Lee Van Corteza only got paid $40K for winning it in 2013. But you're right, China Open pays out pretty good.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the tournament you're talking about ?

1 - 8 Jun 2014

China Open - Men & Women Divisions

Shanghai China
---------------------------

Because this one is Snooker:
VVVVVVVVVVVV

WORLD SNOOKER
2014 China Open
The 2014 China Open will run from March 31 to April 6, 2014 in Beijing, China.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Is this the tournament you're talking about ?

1 - 8 Jun 2014

China Open - Men & Women Divisions

Shanghai China
---------------------------

Because this one is Snooker:
VVVVVVVVVVVV

WORLD SNOOKER
2014 China Open
The 2014 China Open will run from March 31 to April 6, 2014 in Beijing, China.

Yes the June one...pool. Sorry about that. TY for catching that.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB
Ozzy
Sossei
The Rocket
Wilke

and possibly - Deuel & Lombardo

From Canada
Klatt
Morra

and possibly - Blais

The China Open ends a week before the 9B WC and imagine this is a warm up for that event.