Today: Appleton vs Hohmann for World 14.1 Title: What's at Stake

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
11737848_972495899455262_7154246753505215919_n.jpg

at 1:00pm, the historic race to 300 points will begin.
The winner will receive $10,000 with runner-up receiving $5000, but more than that is the following:

Appleton has now made it to three consecutive finals of the World 14.1, a feat no one has done this millennium and several decades. Hohmann has made this an unprecedented 4th trip to the finals.

No player has won consecutive World 14.1 titles since the early 1980's by Steve Mizerak. Appleton has the chance to be the first ever non-American repeat champion. And he has not lost a match in the event since the 2013 finals lost to Hohmann.

On the other hand, Hohmann has never been beaten in the finals of the World 14.1 three out of three times.

One way or another, history will be broken today.

Watch the FINALS today July 19th Day 7 1:00pm. Race to 300 points. Livestream at worldstraightpool.com

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time zone?

1:00 Pacific, Eastern?

I am going to watch Daz convince me even more that he is the best in the world.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
History will be "made", not "broken". You "break" records, you "make" history.

You do not "break" history.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
300 points seems excessive - 200 is enough - but I'd say the two best 14.1 players are in the finals.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I tried to buy it but the site wont set up an account and there is no contact info to find out how.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let the records show, I did predict Thorsten in another thread.
Let the records also show, I rarely pick a winner. So this is a good sign for Darren

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
300 points seems excessive - 200 is enough - but I'd say the two best 14.1 players are in the finals.

Either one of these guys have the potential to run 200 and out. Even 300 is not out of the question.

300 is absolutely not excessive, it could be a "very" low innings match and the champion might be decided by the timing of an early chance rather than who is shooting better overall on the day. Back in the old straight pool days they used to play first to 1000 challenge matches for the title, those really showed who the better player was on that day.

300 is a bare minimum acceptable for a finals in straight pool imo.

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11737848_972495899455262_7154246753505215919_n.jpg

at 1:00pm, the historic race to 300 points will begin.
The winner will receive $10,000 with runner-up receiving $5000, but more than that is the following:

Appleton has now made it to three consecutive finals of the World 14.1, a feat no one has done this millennium and several decades. Hohmann has made this an unprecedented 4th trip to the finals.

No player has won consecutive World 14.1 titles since the early 1980's by Steve Mizerak. Appleton has the chance to be the first ever non-American repeat champion. And he has not lost a match in the event since the 2013 finals lost to Hohmann.

On the other hand, Hohmann has never been beaten in the finals of the World 14.1 three out of three times.

One way or another, history will be broken today.

Watch the FINALS today July 19th Day 7 1:00pm. Race to 300 points. Livestream at worldstraightpool.com

I would like to congratulate Charlie Williams for tainting one of the lost prestigious tournaments out there by fixing seeds. Not going to get into a big long drawn out message but he really has done it this time. Again congrats Charlie for showing the people exactly what kind of person you really are.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'm surprised that AZB even streamed it. 10k this year a and 13k last two years. Did the entry fee go down too? Keep on helping save 14.1 CW. Pretty soon it will be gone all together. Johnnyt

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Thorsten, proving once again, he is one of the best in the world.

Quick question: Will the final match be available for download ie TAR quality, in the future?