Whatever Happened to These Guys?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He ran over all those????

Did they take away his license to drive?

Jeff Livingston

The only thing that ranneth over that day was his cup.
...and I just found out that the 3-cushion run was 18...not 14
....and his straight pool run was 152

Here is Don Feeney’s picture....
...it might explain why his pool hall moniker is “The Preacher”

7FDC4897-C22A-426B-A1D1-9EB00CE09427.jpg

...and why his cup was subject to runneth over.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly, Walter Glass passed away, I think 3 years or more ago. :(

The last U.S. Open he attended was in 2004, as shown in the bottom left picture on this page: http://www.hometown.aol.com/khmccready/2004USOPENPAGE2.html

Bob Ogburn is still around and actually posted on this forum a few times. He likes to fly under the radar, mainly down South.

Tony Mougey attends many events near Ohio.

Keith Bennett was an active competitor on the IPT qualifier tournament trail. I think he still is active in other events as well.

Actually, Tony, Keith bennett, and Water's picture are all on that picture page link.

I've got a picture of Bob Ogburn somewhere. I will post it if I can find it.

JAM

I played a guy named Walt in Las Vegas last summer and they said it was Walter Glass . I'm not sure but hope it was him 👍🏻

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks....glad to hear it, I like that dude.

17 yrs. ago, to escape the northern winter, I spent Nov.- March traveling/playing pool all through Florida, top to bottom - Miami to Tallahassee...had a great time...

Stayed in Ocala at one point for a coupla weeks and ran into Johnny Furber there at the poolroom on the town square, up on the second floor (I forget the name of it) and we played some one pocket - he played pretty good...he was a real character and I enjoyed my time with him.

- Ghost

Last edited:

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
17 yrs. ago, to escape the northern winter, I spent Nov.- March traveling/playing pool all through Florida, top to bottom - Miami to Tallahassee...had a great time...

Stayed in Ocala at one point for a coupla weeks and ran into Johnny Furber there at the poolroom on the town square, up on the second floor (I forget the name of it) and we played some one pocket - he played pretty good...he was a real character and I enjoyed my time with him.

- Ghost

That would have been Big Daddys Billiards.
Mark Gregory use to stay in that area forever, they staked him till the cows came home.
Butch owned the place.
Tony Bologna was big action.

That was one of the best action spots in the country.

At that time, they had that place with butch and tony. They had Family Billiards in Clearwater with Bubba(probably the best action in the country), had Pepsi don down the road a few hours. And on the other coast you had Victor.
Florida at that time was by leaps and bound the capitol for action, with 4-5 huge go-offs mentioned right there.

And ofcourse Furber would play you with his feet as a bridge, he busted many like that. Great great hustler.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
I miss Craig riley.

He was a cool dude and his Twitter indicates he remains such.

Miss you guys too mate, doesnt time fly!

I very rarely see this forum anymore and by chance I just happened to see this post.

As you can probably tell from that video I dont play much now, but I'm hoping that will change soon as I purchase a house in Sydney and building my dream man cave!

What have I missed? So many names I recall after reading through some old posts, was good times thats for sure about 10 years back.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. Good to hear from you.

Saw your pictures. Really good stuff and a lot of air miles evidenced.

I very rarely see this forum anymore and by chance I just happened to see this post.

As you can probably tell from that video I dont play much now, but I'm hoping that will change soon as I purchase a house in Sydney and building my dream man cave!

What have I missed? So many names I recall after reading through some old posts, was good times thats for sure about 10 years back.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Nice. Good to hear from you.

Saw your pictures. Really good stuff and a lot of air miles evidenced.

Almost as many as your AZ post count, thats impressive stuff! Is the forum as active as it was way back, are many of the posters ten years back still active?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost as many as your AZ post count, thats impressive stuff! Is the forum as active as it was way back, are many of the posters ten years back still active?

Naw...different world, now.

More about equipment than actual pool playing.

Still well worth the price of admission, though.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Naw...different world, now.

More about equipment than actual pool playing.

Still well worth the price of admission, though.

Aww thats a shame, I guess FB groups have taken a lot of users away from the olde style forums like this.

Good to hear youre still well and active though mate.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

- Ghost
Thanks for posting. I only played Johnny 9 ball, once on
an 8 footer and once on a 9 footer. I came up short, but I
didn't mind. I was pretty young back then and thought I could
beat about anyone, I know better now. The first time we
played was 1991 and the next time was 1994. Both times
in different venues in Gainesville. Good ole Johnny did put
me on a $2500 score in Valdosta in 1991. I ran into him a
few weeks after I played him in Gainesville and I just played
whoever he played once he was done with them. He told me
one of them had plenty of money and it turned out that he
was right.

That would have been Big Daddys Billiards.
Mark Gregory use to stay in that area forever, they staked him till the cows came home.
Butch owned the place.
Tony Bologna was big action.

That was one of the best action spots in the country.

At that time, they had that place with butch and tony. They had Family Billiards in Clearwater with Bubba(probably the best action in the country), had Pepsi don down the road a few hours. And on the other coast you had Victor.
Florida at that time was by leaps and bound the capitol for action, with 4-5 huge go-offs mentioned right there.

And ofcourse Furber would play you with his feet as a bridge, he busted many like that. Great great hustler.

Great players in Florida for sure, it's been that way for as long
as I can remember(back to the eighties).

I would've loved to have seen the foot bridge hustle, but I didn't.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good to see you dude man :) Craig IIRC

lucky1974

Registered
Used to be a guy that played around the Detroit area in the early 90's named Brian. He played one handed very well. Last I heard he might have got into some trouble in the early 2000's. Anybody know his name and if he still plays.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Used to be a guy that played around the Detroit area in the early 90's named Brian. He played one handed very well. Last I heard he might have got into some trouble in the early 2000's. Anybody know his name and if he still plays.

I don't know Brian bu there was a great young player out of Michigan named Mark Beilfuss who just dropped off the map back in the 80's. Jon Kucharo out of Iowa made it into the top ten less than 20 years ago (he had a monster break) and fell off the side of the pool world shortly thereafter.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Tap Tap! He might be the only person to ever do that on the same day. Harold Worst is the only other person I can think of who may have been capable of that, but I doubt he ever attempted it.

Jay; I'm 99% sure this is NOT factual! I was in Chris's as a regular everyday from 1980-2004 and NEVER hear one word about this feat! But, I'm going to get a hold of few people still around there to verify.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay; I'm 99% sure this is NOT factual! I was in Chris's as a regular everyday from 1980-2004 and NEVER hear one word about this feat! But, I'm going to get a hold of few people still around there to verify.

That was a pretty big pill to swallow, but who am I to say it didn't happen. I knew Don fairly well and had no idea he was that good at all those games. We played 9-Ball once and I would have called him a decent shortstop. I did know that he liked to play Straight Pool, but I only saw him ref matches and not play.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
That was a pretty big pill to swallow, but who am I to say it didn't happen. I knew Don fairly well and had no idea he was that good at all those games. We played 9-Ball once and I would have called him a decent shortstop. I did know that he liked to play Straight Pool, but I only saw him ref matches and not play.

Jay; You hit the nail right on the head! His best game was straight pool. He was at best, .550 - .600 3C player. I, personally, I NEVER saw Don play snooker! Tom Kollins was the best snooker player around Chicago, along with 2 brothers from Ireland.

Last edited: