3/8X12 Pin

bhanson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a cue make that can make a shaft to match a 3/8x12 Manzino pin. Please message me if you are able.

Thanks!!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a cue make that can make a shaft to match a 3/8x12 Manzino pin. Please message me if you are able.

Thanks!!

It's a flat bottom 3/8x12 if that helps. Two other Cue makers use a standard 3/8x12. Tad and Martinez.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I have big pin Tads and Ernie Martinez cues and they aren't 100% interchangable.
Can't remember which one, but one is tighter than the other.
The butt joint protector made in the 90's by Ernie doesn't fit my Tads.
There is some interchangeability and if anyone is interested I can check it out, I just don't remember what is what

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have big pin Tads and Ernie Martinez cues and they aren't 100% interchangable.
Can't remember which one, but one is tighter than the other.
The butt joint protector made in the 90's by Ernie doesn't fit my Tads.
There is some interchangeability and if anyone is interested I can check it out, I just don't remember what is what

Sorry, to the OP. I meant to post this but got side tracked. And to the person who makes the shaft. It would help you to have the flat bottom pin for sanding purposes.
Example:

IMG_20180919_003303.jpg

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Heehee. Did you ever hear. I was part of the block before we called it a block. :rolleyes::grin-square:
Shorter answer. Yes Sir

I have owned and played with every vintage of Ernie Martinez cue including several
cues from the 3/8-16 era at Showcase, every Josswest vintage with 3 different Acme
pins, and 2 different radials including the prototype radials from the early 90's, all
years of Schon, big & small pin Tad's, and South West.
Some stuff is interchangeable, some isn't, a few are close so there is some
interchangeability, and typically I remember from cue to cue.
I still own several but owning and collecting (accumulating) this stuff is not working
on them with the dimensions on the tip of your tongue.
I know about most of the variances from year to year but I don't work on them.
(We are almost done with our first sneaky)
You however know all the dimensions, have the tooling to work on them, plus you remember everything.
I doubt there is another cuemaker on the planet who can do what you do, it's truly amazing.
Like a cuemakers cuemaker.
It's not easy, you have to be exposed to it plus have the interest and intelligence to figure out what's happening.
I find it amazing that you actually have all the tooling, and have worked with every one of them.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned and played with every vintage of Ernie Martinez cue including several
cues from the 3/8-16 era at Showcase, every Josswest vintage with 3 different Acme
pins, and 2 different radials including the prototype radials from the early 90's, all
years of Schon, big & small pin Tad's, and South West.
Some stuff is interchangeable, some isn't, a few are close so there is some
interchangeability, and typically I remember from cue to cue.
I still own several but owning and collecting (accumulating) this stuff is not working
on them with the dimensions on the tip of your tongue.
I know about most of the variances from year to year but I don't work on them.
(We are almost done with our first sneaky)
You however know all the dimensions, have the tooling to work on them, plus you remember everything.
I doubt there is another cuemaker on the planet who can do what you do, it's truly amazing.
Like a cuemakers cuemaker.
It's not easy, you have to be exposed to it plus have the interest and intelligence to figure out what's happening.
I find it amazing that you actually have all the tooling, and have worked with every one of them.

Thank you very much. I have mandrells every where. I consider myself lucky that I have them. In the 90's I worked a lot of tournaments with different tours. East coast to the CPA tour in Canada. Having the right tools is essential. I am loyal to my roots and to Cue makers. I respect and protect thier name and cues the best I can. I Always have. That helps in getting the tools you need. I have the taps too and most of the dies. I had all of them made special order so I could make shafts at Tournaments. Widell use to love me. Lol

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Thank you very much. I have mandrells every where. I consider myself lucky that I have them. In the 90's I worked a lot of tournaments with different tours. East coast to the CPA tour in Canada. Having the right tools is essential. I am loyal to my roots and to Cue makers. I respect and protect thier name and cues the best I can. I Always have. That helps in getting the tools you need. I have the taps too and most of the dies. I had all of them made special order so I could make shafts at Tournaments. Widell use to love me. Lol

True dedication

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True dedication

Thank you. Your to kind. It was a different train of thought back then. Not many of us doing on the spot repairs at tournaments. Myself, Ted Harris, Mike Gulyassy, Dan Dishaw, Ron Cady, Joe Blackburn, Steve Lomax, Paul Drexler who had just stopped. That's when I came in and Guido Orlandi and Leonard Bludworth who might have been the first to do tourneys and realise the potential. Pretty short list of go to guys compared to today.

Last edited: