Polishing Balls

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
Yesterday I cleaned my table to perfection. Every tiny little spec of dust and dirt is gone from the cloth and I even waxed all the rails and pockets. I wanted to clean all the balls and make them shine like new but Idon't know what to use. I cleaned them all with Windex window cleaner but it didnt make them shine like new. Is there any stuff that I might have around the house that can be used as a ball polish? Or do i have to order a bottle of that stuff made especially for polishing pool balls? If I do have to order some does anyone know of a site that has a good price on it with cheap shipping to Canada? I live in a fairly rural area and the closest billiards retailer is about an hour and fifteen minutes away. There is a poolhall about 45 mins away, is it very common for them to have the ball polishing machine, and if so does anyone know aproximately how much it would cost to get done?

Thanks,
Ryan Lynn

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ball cleaner

I just read your post about cleaning balls. The products your using is not what you need. I sell a product that's made for cleaning balls. It will hold a shine and keep the balls from sliding and skidding.It's 20.0 a quart , and can be mixed with water and will make then 3 quarts of polish. I also sell my world famous "BLUDWORTH BALL CLEANER", they sell or $459.00 US Dollars, plus shipping. My ball cleaner has been the top seller of cleaners for the last 26 years. We out sell all the other each year.

MikeJanis

Banned
Re: ball cleaner

blud said:
I just read your post about cleaning balls. The products your using is not what you need. I sell a product that's made for cleaning balls. It will hold a shine and keep the balls from sliding and skidding.It's 20.0 a quart , and can be mixed with water and will make then 3 quarts of polish. I also sell my world famous "BLUDWORTH BALL CLEANER", they sell or $459.00 US Dollars, plus shipping. My ball cleaner has been the top seller of cleaners for the last 26 years. We out sell all the other each year.

I agree that the "Bludworth Ball Cleaner" is the most common ball cleaner I have seen in pool halls. But for home purposes the $60 Mini-Buffer is your best bet for that kind of quality. Although I do clean at least 16 sets of Aramith balls per week with the Mini-Buffer and it works great !

Mj

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a little bit of hand degreaser, the kind you would use after working on your car.
Rub it in the clean it off...Brand New!

The Blud ball cleaner is the best though.

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Fast Larry,
Sir, I beg to differ with you on clean or dirty balls. I invented my ball cleaning machine some 25 or 26 years ago. Dirty balls is the reason that I develped it. My ball cleaner uses a polish made for pool and billiard balls.Do not use, WAX. Wax will cause the ball to not track and or move in it's intended direction and also cause a film of dirty build up on them.
My ball cleaner is excepted world wide as THE BALL CLEANER too use. I am not just defending mine, but anyones. It's been excepted for ver 25 years by all the Pro's. Stop and think about what your saying, pal. Dirty balls are better than clean ones. Pleae get real. Ask, Grady, Buddy,Earl, Mike Seigel, Effern, or Jimmy, and any TOP PRO. They all agree, that clean balls are best. They don't skid, they don't slip, and the track very well. And they don't stick to chalk. Keep them clean for a true hit.
blud

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of what is said and the equipment used to clean balls doesn't measure up to practicing on a the table that you will be conducting business on. I have played on new Simonis cloth and the balls would slide all over the place. Now I shoot on old Simonis cloth with a red circle CB that is larger than the OBs and defies achieving draw. I should invest in getting the blue circle CB to see if I can achieve draw again...

T

tshot

blud

I mean no disrespect sir, but I did read all of Fast Larry article and looked around his site. He is a trick shot artist. Would knowing how balls react and perform be his specialty? I mean the man makes a living do this on a day-to-day basis and his credentials are impressive. I tried your site to find out more about your product and it didn't come up.

Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry

In three cushion billiards doesn't each player use a different ball as their cue ball?

Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry

I was just a little confused when you refered to waxing of the cue ball and not the object ball in billiards. Where I have played all three balls can be used as a cue if three players wish to play. You could strike either of your aponents balls first. This applied when only two were playing also. Some Asians tought me. Their rules may be different. It is a tough game. I played for hours and never made a ball. HA HA

The balls are also considerably larger than any other ball I have ever used. Harder to move.

Porter

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fast larry said:
Mr. Lamas, sir you have this exactly backwards and wrong. The blue circle is a dog, the red circle is great. The blue cirlce is larger & heavier and has a inferior polish to the red circle which is smaller, lighter and more highly polished. If you are having problems drawing the cue ball, it is you and not the ball.
The balls dont slide on a new simonis cloth. If you shoot them correctly. You need to come into the Power Source pool school and get some education on this stuff. Everything you said, was wrong. Fast Larry Guninger

I have aramith super pro balls. THe cue ball draws great. I have never cleaned my balls.We have wiped chalk off. They play fine so why clean them? It never occured to me that it was a good idea to wax the cueball.

Does waxing the cb make it draw better?

Laura

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good day Larry,

First off, Larry I do not NEED YOUR ENDORSEMENT or am I asking for it. I have been in this business for a long time and have done very well without anyone endorsing me and or my products. When one gets paid to endorse a product, that's what you get, an endorsement. A PAID ENDORSEMENT. We all know if someone pays a person to talk about a product, that the person is just getting paid, period. No thanks Larry.

All of us realize that it take a lot of talent for trick shot. These shows are very intertaining.You may be on track with your TRICK SHOTS and SHOWS with dirty balls, and I wish you well. As far as the 9-ballers, your dead wrong, each of them have done shows, maybe not to the level of your shows, but they all have done shows around the world. Mike Massey and his wife have been here at my shop and home for several weeks at a time and Mike did several hours of shots on my table with CLEAN BALLS, He had no problems with CLEAN BALLS, ALL 16 of them, so has Mike Segiel, Buddy Hall, Danny DeLiberto, Joe Bowman, Belinda Compos, and many other top pro's. As any top PRO would expect the very best playing conditions possible.

I was the equipment and set up guy for the pro-billiards tour for several years. My duties were to make sure the tables and ALL equipment were just like the PRO's demanded. I would of been ran off the job and hung, if everything wasn't just right, including CLEAN BALLS. ALL 16 of them. If one of the players missed a ball because of being dirty and it rolled off, this could well cost him or her, a house payment or not being able to make a pay check that week.I am sure it takes a lot time on a table for you to be good at what you do. But for the PRO player it also takes a lot of table time, with CLEAN BALLS. Wax may work for you, but it won't happen for the 9-ballers. Please understand, I am not knocking you or anyone, I am just telling it like it is for the players who want to improve there game. A ball with WAX on it is a bit larger, a ball which is dirty when struck with a dirty or CLEAN cue ball will not go to the point it's aimed for. A CLEAN set of BALLS will help all players, be a better player. My statement has nothing to do with me selling my product. It's aimed at helping players, period.

L

L.S. Dennis

Something you might want to try is a fine rubbing compound that you can buy in an auto parts store. I think Dupont makes it (it looks while and creamy) this together with some patience and rubbing will get them clean. After doing this you might want to try a little silicone spray on them. They may streak a little at first but it dries quikly and you have a draw stroke like Earl Strickland's!

Good Luck

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good day Larry,
First off, Larry I DO NOT NEED YOUR ENDORSEMENT or am I asking for it. If I needed an endorsement it would be from a TOP PRO, player, who could do me a lot of good. Thanks, but no thanks. I have been in this business for a long time and have done very well without anyone endorsing me and or my products. When one gets paid to endorse a product, that's what you get, an endorsement, A PAID ENDORSEMENT. We all know if someone pays a person to talk about a product, that the person is just getting paid, period. No thanks Larry.

All of us realize that it takes a lot of talent for trick shot shows. These shows are very intertaining. You may be on track with your TRICK SHOTS and SHOWS with dirty balls, and I wish you well. As far as the 9-ballers, your dead wrong sir, each of them have done shows, maybe not to the level of your shows, but they all have done shows around the world. Mike Massey and his wife have been here at my shop and home for several weeks at a time and Mike did several hours of shots on my table with CLEAN BALLS, He had no problems with CLEAN BALLS, ALL 16 of them, so has Mike Segiel, Buddy Hall, Danny DeLiberto, Joe Bowman, Belinda Compos, Jimmy Matya, and many other top pro's. As any top PRO would expect the very best playing conditions possible.

I was the equipment and set up guy for the pro-billiards tour for several years. My duties were to make sure the tables and ALL equipment were just like the PRO's demanded. I would of been ran off the job and hung, if everything wasn't just right, including CLEAN BALLS. ALL 16 of them. If one of the players missed a ball because of it being dirty and it rolled off, this could well cost him or her, a house payment or not being able to make a pay check that week.
I am sure it takes a lot time on a table for you to be good at what you do. As for the PRO player, it also takes a lot of table time, with CLEAN BALLS. Wax may work for you, but it won't happen for the 9-ballers. Please understand, I am not knocking you or your methods, I am just telling it like it is for the players who want to improve there game. A ball with "WAX" on it is a bit larger, a ball which is dirty when struck with a dirty or CLEAN cue ball will not go to the point it's aimed for. A CLEAN set of BALLS will help all players, be a better player. You need to understand this, my statements has nothing to do with me selling my product. [There are more rooms with BALL CLEANERS than those without cleaners]. Again, my statement is aimed at helping players, period. Perhaps you should learn how to make your TRICK shots with CLEAN BALLS.
This is all I have to say and I'll waist no more of your time or mine, sir.
Again Larry good luck with your TRICK SHOT SHOWS.
best regards
Leonard "BLUD" Bludworth

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Now, I don't want to start another argument, but I have found that the BallStar cleaner and polisher does a good job. It cleans 8 balls in 50 seconds, not 15 to 30 minutes like others do. I have found it to give good results, quickly and easily. I bought it from a billiard store in Dallas. a friend of mine, a bar owner, and I do a ball cleaning service for billiard rooms and bars around here.

ChalksBilliards

Registered
I just replaced my Bludworth ball cleaner that I have used for the last 13 years with another one from this fine company.

I used that cleaner for 365 days a year on 19 racks of balls for 13 years without ever having my machine go down. The solution that Mr Bludworth supplies is the only one I will ever use.

It does a fantastic job of keeping my Centennials looking great and playing great.

Mr Bludworth, do not waste your time on the likes of Fast Larry, there are pool hall owners such as myself all over the country who swear by your products.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ChalksBilliards said:
I just replaced my Bludworth ball cleaner that I have used for the last 13 years with another one from this fine company.

I used that cleaner for 365 days a year on 19 racks of balls for 13 years without ever having my machine go down. The solution that Mr Bludworth supplies is the only one I will ever use.

It does a fantastic job of keeping my Centennials looking great and playing great.

Mr Bludworth, do not waste your time on the likes of Fast Larry, there are pool hall owners such as myself all over the country who swear by your products.

Not sure if I got this right. The person with their own table is better off not polishing their balls because the majority of pool halls do not polish balls. I though FL was saying that polished balls played different than unpolished balls. If a person wants consistency in performance, then it is better to not polish one's personal balls.

For instance, where we play league does not polish their balls, so I would be better off not polishing mine. If the ph polished theirs real often so that they were always 'clean', then I might consider cleaning mine. But honestly, in my mind, that meant a damp towel to wipe off the grit.

I really do not see the benefit of polishing balls. What does the hand towel not do that the machine does? Is it a matter of quantity?

Laura

L

L.S. Dennis

I still say wipe them off real well then get out the silicone spray!