Help with table identification

lonbhold75

Trying to find any information I can about this table and if it is worth refurbishing. Came with the house when I bought it, previous owner bought it used from someone else and had no information about the table. I know it has 1" slate(not sure if it is one or three piece yet), wire ball return and is a standard 8' table.

Would like to replace the pocket liner/gully boots, but can't seem to find anything comparable. The tops of the boots are cracked/broken and don't completely cover the sharp points of the corner metal trim (which is quite sharp and I have some scratches to prove it).

The legs are solid wood and the base appears to be two plywood sandwiches running the length of the table with particle board bracing (one of which is cracked and needs replacement.) There is also some particle board mounted to the bottom of the slate, but not around the pockets. The felt around the pockets looks like it was glued to the slate at one time.

Have seen a similar table once from a google search, but the owner didn't respond to any of my inquiries. http://winchester-va.americanlisted...-return-300-berkeley-springs-wv_21735355.html

Attachments

• 20160828_181252.jpg
    20160828_181252.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 820
  • 20160821_092319.jpg
    20160821_092319.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 606
  • 20160821_092245.jpg
    20160821_092245.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 760
  • 20160828_181147.jpg
    20160828_181147.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 564
  • 20160828_181212.jpg
    20160828_181212.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:

lonbhold75

Some more pictures of the center and corner pocket liner/gully boots.

Attachments

• 20160821_091738.jpg
    20160821_091738.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 20160828_181157.jpg
    20160828_181157.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 649

mike8or9

Registered
I am not really sure, but it could be a Fischer. They were really good 8 foot bar tables
with side pockets that were unbelievably tight and all corners were also real tight.
They had one at a bar called Charleston Heights here in Las Vegas in the 70's and
early 80's and it was a good action place for a while. If you played there all the time you
definitely had a home court advantage provided you could play a little. Your table sure
looks like a Fischer so google it and maybe you can verify it. In my opinion if it is a
Fischer it is well worth fixing up. Good Luck!

lonbhold75

I am not really sure, but it could be a Fischer. They were really good 8 foot bar tables
with side pockets that were unbelievably tight and all corners were also real tight.
They had one at a bar called Charleston Heights here in Las Vegas in the 70's and
early 80's and it was a good action place for a while. If you played there all the time you
definitely had a home court advantage provided you could play a little. Your table sure
looks like a Fischer so google it and maybe you can verify it. In my opinion if it is a
Fischer it is well worth fixing up. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply,

I too was thinking it could be a Fischer, but the only images I can find of tables similar to mine have too many differences. Fischer's all appear to have one piece long rails with diamond markers and none have similar style legs, the pocket liners appear two piece and fit much nicer than mine. The legs and pocket liners could have been replaced on mine, but it does not appear that way. Information on Fischer's is sparse at best in the research I have conducted and parts even harder to find.

I have been looking at pocket liners/gully boots from here: http://www.classicbilliards.net/html/antiquepooltablepartspockets.cfm
but none are exactly like mine, some I could probably make work with some modifications. Not sure if it is worth the gamble yet.

Scarwegian

I'm almost positive it is a 4 x 8 Fisher (sp). In 1966 I bought an identical table from a sporting good store just north of Los Angeles. My table had 1" Slate, 1-piece, with identical ball return. In 1979, I traded it in on a 4-1/2 x 9 from Golden West Billiards in North Hollywood, CA., and I still own. That Fisher table was a top quality table and we had years of enjoyment playing it.

I'm not certain but I believe I paid $ 500.00 for the table, with accessories.
Good luck!

lonbhold75

I'm almost positive it is a 4 x 8 Fisher (sp). In 1966 I bought an identical table from a sporting good store just north of Los Angeles. My table had 1" Slate, 1-piece, with identical ball return. In 1979, I traded it in on a 4-1/2 x 9 from Golden West Billiards in North Hollywood, CA., and I still own. That Fisher table was a top quality table and we had years of enjoyment playing it.

I'm not certain but I believe I paid $ 500.00 for the table, with accessories.
Good luck!

Thanks,

Guess I will assume it's a Fischer and continue my plan of refurbishment. Now the fun of figuring out what bumpers, cloth and pocket liners to get begins.

mike8or9

Registered
When I typed Fischer pool tables into google, one of the links was for more images
of Fischer tables and it seemed to me there were several that resembled yours but
since they probably don't make that model it is hard to tell. Looking at those side
pockets still gives me the shivers.