Kevin Varney Cue

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
Varney shaft

Here is an idea:
I have a nice 30" shaft with juma ferrule, 13mm. that Kevin made for me a few years before he passed away.
It's for a standard 3/8 x 10 pin, it has a thin black collar & it's just like when I received from him, except it is used but not abused.
A really nice, tight grain good hitting shaft.
It will fit a Gilbert, Schick, McDermott, etc.
I'll ship for $150 obro in U.S.

Thank you,
Michael Matsie
MikesCues048

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not in your area, but I have recently put the following Kevin's personal playing cue (bar tables) up for sale:

Here is Kevin's original description of the cue:

Varney Cue ~~~ SOLD

Here is a neat little cue. Its one that I made for myself to use in a couple little barbox tournaments. The butt is an old Dufferin that I converted with one of my performance shafts. The butt does not have the fat Duff taper but instead it has my regular taper used on my playing cues. Take note that the cue is 57" as that’s what I prefer on the barbox...I'm a firm believer that shorter cues do play better.

The pin is a brass 3/8-10. The cue weighs 19oz with the butt being 15.1oz and the 12.75mm shaft is 3.9oz. This shaft does have some brown sugar marks (can be seen in the photos) as I always pick these for my personal shafts. I feel the uglier shafts are more dense & play better. The grain count on this shaft is incredible...actually as good as it gets. The ferrule is an unbreakable linen base and the tip is one of my soaked & pressed Triangles. A phenolic collar was added to the shaft for strength.

Thanks for looking,
Dave

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: