Who Has Never Missed A Ball In Hand Shot?

Pangit

Banned
Like...totally DOG IT! I"d call you a liar.
I've done it more times than I want to mention with bad results.....think yourself into a foxhole. Playing against a "don't miss" guy.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Terry - Jumping up and down waving my arm in the air, pick me, pick me.

Like they say, if I had a dollar for every time, etc.

Set the shot up, going to cheat the pocket a bit to get shape on my next shot. Get great shape, miss shot.

Have to make shot if you'd like to keep shooting.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my cue back from being repaired from a BIH shot I missed in a big tourny, which caused me to lose the set.

Not proud out it, but yea it happened.

PS: Schon butt caps are not very tough.

DrClean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry - Jumping up and down waving my arm in the air, pick me, pick me.

Like they say, if I had a dollar for every time, etc.

Set the shot up, going to cheat the pocket a bit to get shape on my next shot. Get great shape, miss shot.

Have to make shot if you'd like to keep shooting.

done that MANY times. till i remembered that if i just position the CB at a harder angle cheating the pocket isn't necessary, unless you have an obstacle.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Done it a few times. This past Monday I had 9-ball league on a barbox... The bar box felt was loose and inconsistent, the rails were sponges and the pockets weren't the same size. I won the match but the guy I played kept trying banks to get the shot and open the table. Needless to say, I quit using the rails and played open shape with what English I could get off the table. I rolled whitey into the side pocket and he took ball in hand on the 9 about 4 inches from the pocket. He hit it soft and the 9 was going straight until the last inch and parked on the jaw. I felt bad as i dropped it in the bucket. 2 points away from the match, I broke and sunk 3.

I told him I wanted another game on a maintained table....

Rio19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guilty as charged. I have done this so many times I almost expect to miss at this point...

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I've never missed a ball-in-hand. I always hit the cue ball. :)

Try to give the easy shots the same relaxed concentration as the hard shots (and giving those relaxed concentration is another story) and you'll do well.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
No one

I've done it more times than I want to mention with bad results.....think yourself into a foxhole. Playing against a "don't miss" guy.

Your question being what it is, I'm not sure why so many are answering a different question, namely who HAS missed with BIH.

My guess is that the answer is no one, unless you've never had a BIH opportunity.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I used to think it's something I'd outgrow, but if anything... the better I get, the more it happens.

Like, I used to be nervous I could miss even with BIH so it was 90% focus on the shot, 10% on the shape.

Now I try some delicate low outside draw down the rail, about 10% on the shot and 90% on the leave, and every so often... JACKASSSSSsssss

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've course I've missed with ball in hand.

But what's even worse is that on multiple occasions I've been going for extreme draw on a straight-in shot to the corner, hit too low on the cue ball, and jumped over the object ball straight into the pocket for the scratch.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I hold the distinction of once having MISCUED with ball in hand!

You are not even close to alone here.. I guarantee anyone that has played a fair amount of pool has done this multiple times.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

I have more than once.Ive seen one of the best bar table 8ball players Ive ever seen miss the whole ball.THE WHOLE BALL.:smile:
Yes he was drunk,but how do you pull that off.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Wow! I thought I was one of the few. Usually I'm thinking about the next shot. Thanks! Glad this has happened to seasoned players. But....why does it never happen to the person I'm playing? lol

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I dogged a ball in hand on the nine once. I completely missed the nine ball. Then my opponent got up and miscued and gave me ball in hand back. I didn't miss it a second time;)!

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Wow! I thought I was one of the few. Usually I'm thinking about the next shot. Thanks! Glad this has happened to seasoned players. But....why does it never happen to the person I'm playing? lol

You know whats funny,everytime Ive done it I dont remember aiming just the shape.