Girl Prodigy???

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
JJ:

Thanks for posting that -- really enjoyed it! And I hope April goes far; it seems she's really been bit hard by the pool bug, and it has also resulted in a strong bond with her pool-playing father.

Really love these "at least she's not face-down playing games or TXTing on her phone" type of stories,
-Sean

Yeah Im glad that she seems to have a great approach to the game and her dad is very supportive!!

Glad to see that the youth still can get bit by the pool bug :cool:

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
She plays in M8/UPL and is at Shooters (Burnsville, MN) almost everytime I go there. Real nice kid, and a nice dad too.

JasBy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a fundraising tournament for April to get her to Qatar. Nicest girl you could ever meet, and everyone in her family was great and ran a great tournament. As a fun way to get money, she was playing 7 ball for 5 bucks a game - you got the break and shot even on a dry break - if you won you were entered into a drawing for a cue. She didn't try very hard as it was a fundraiser - but the skills were obvious.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a fundraising tournament for April to get her to Qatar. Nicest girl you could ever meet, and everyone in her family was great and ran a great tournament. As a fun way to get money, she was playing 7 ball for 5 bucks a game - you got the break and shot even on a dry break - if you won you were entered into a drawing for a cue. She didn't try very hard as it was a fundraiser - but the skills were obvious.

She sends a very nice thank you note as well. Not surprising. Seems like a good kid, good family upbringing shows-:thumbup:

Go girl.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
They all seem so nice.

Does anyone else wonder if she has this totally different persona when she gets dropped off at the pool room and then dad drives off?
I bet she walks in the door and is like
"AYYYYYYYYYY SCOOTER, you still duckin' me you fυckah?
Let's do that one pocket set, I'll give you 13-5 and drill ya nuts in!
What, no heart??"

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
They all seem so nice.

Does anyone else wonder if she has this totally different persona when she gets dropped off at the pool room and then dad drives off?
I bet she walks in the door and is like
"AYYYYYYYYYY SCOOTER, you still duckin' me you fυckah?
Let's do that one pocket set, I'll give you 13-5 and drill ya nuts in!
What, no heart??"

I doubt it but just the thought of those things coming out of her mouth made me L-O-L :lol:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I doubt it but just the thought of those things coming out of her mouth made me L-O-L :lol:

Me too, what made me think of it is... there's this one girl on the Action Pool Tour, which has a few pros on it. She looks like 16 but is probably just one of those people with a young face lol. I saw her playing one pocket the other night.

It occurred to me you have better odds of getting struck by lightning than of finding a 16 year old girl playing one pocket.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an aside, the girl that finished 2nd to April is Karsyn Terry, from Chicago. She finished 5th two years ago, and 2nd last year. She is gearing up for 1st place this year! Her dad, Patrick Terry, is our newest PBIA instructor, and wants to work with youth players. He has done a great job training his daughter. GO Karsyn! :thumbup: Good luck in Vegas this summer!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Yeah Im glad that she seems to have a great approach to the game and her dad is very supportive!!

Glad to see that the youth still can get bit by the pool bug :cool:

Last edited:

8balljohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The first thing I noticed was her amazing form/mechanics. She's got a head start over the competition with her natural good mechanics. Wow, I really see her being an incredible player if she wants it badly enough. Obviously she'll need some seasoning, but she could easily become a world champ if she gets out there, gambles cheap with the men & plays with the better players in her area. I hope she stays serious b/c she's got a lot of potential.