Bergman vs Morra, race to 100.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Pretty sure switching to left handed is changing his stance to offset the physical problems his left eye dominance causes. Plenty of champions are / were severely cross dominant (Buddy Hall, Cisero, Mosconi, Shaw...) It’s the way he cranks his neck to get into that stance. So maybe there is a right-handed solution for him.

Going to a doctor might have helped. Two years when asked, he said he hadn’t seen one. yet. It could be something simple, and it could be something serious.

I have the same problem, but mine is severe. I’m nearly blind in my right eye. I’m right handed and left eye dominant. I had massive shoulder and bicep problems from pool until I watched a Joe Rogan podcast where he talked about his shoulder issues. He showed an exercise. I started doing it, and the problem went away within a month. No more shoulder issues.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Reason for the beat down, Morra not able to switch hit. Good/smart bet JB. PM me your address, once matters have played out. Should of read the flyer. Don't think JB could of done it if Morra used both hands.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reason for the beat down, Morra not able to switch hit. Good/smart bet JB. PM me your address, once matters have played out. Should of read the flyer. Don't think JB could of done it if Morra used both hands.

Morra shooting only lefty was a condition of the bet-I mean i wouldnt think so.

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He didn’t break righty?

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final rack break and run at about 4 AM to win 100-82. The 82 included John's 15 game spot. Justin won 100-67 in games played.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
Morra is medically required to play left handed! He tore his shoulder up a while back. Everyone keeps talking about this like its a crutch but the guy has won some events playing lefty.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
THIS is why we use shot clocks on almost all televised competitions. It should become the norm for streaming matches as well.

I agree. But make it a chess clock where the players have a specified time to use. That way they can distribute their time as they please. Some shots require more times than others

This should be implemented in tournament play as well.

A race to 9 for instance, should never go over an hour and a half or two hours maximum.
So 45 min. for each player should be plenty

the match would be over in a little over an hour and a half for sure
(time elapses for player's breaks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Silver Member
Morra is medically required to play left handed! He tore his shoulder up a while back. Everyone keeps talking about this like its a crutch but the guy has won some events playing lefty.

Yeah, but he can reach certain shots w/o a rake etc. These small matters play out LARGE in the long haul. I definitely miscued on this decision, should of read the flyer.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but he can reach certain shots w/o a rake etc. These small matters play out LARGE in the long haul. I definitely miscued on this decision, should of read the flyer.

Left-handed was not a condition for the game. Justin allowed him to shoot every shot however he wanted. The flyer was just letting people know he was playing left-handed. Many others mentioned he switched for a number of shots including breaking.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Left-handed was not a condition for the game. Justin allowed him to shoot every shot however he wanted. The flyer was just letting people know he was playing left-handed. Many others mentioned he switched for a number of shots including breaking.

I am just saying this BECAUSE of the poster/flyer that was created for this matchup.

The Flyer/Poster said he's playing left handed.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Please post a link to that, if you can.

I’ll try to find it for you. He advocated hanging from a bar to help shoulder problems. But the specific exercise was what’s called a bottoms up kettlebell press. That’s what fixed my shoulder problem. Will take a bit of time. But start light. I’ll find the podcast when I have a few minutes to spare.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I call this style of play is ''Up Down Look Around''. I've played two players in my life, and figured out how to beat this type of Iceman play. It worked both times, and those matches were 20 yrs apart.

When it's their turn, you Must turn your back too the table, don't watch them and detach yourself from the game. Your opponent feeds off your pain, and it is a great tool to beat a player who does this too you it's not fair play for your opponent to do this too you, but they are gambling.

Not to hijack the thread, but ever tried mildly creative ways of doing this? I guess reading a book would be the most obvious.