View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-16-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
If the intentional push/double hit is permitted, how far into the rack is the player permitted to push? A reasonable amount? A traditional amount? Until the ref throws a bucket of ice water on him?

If you let me play with one continuous contact of tip-to-cueball at one pocket, I can herd all the object balls over packed solid by my pocket and leave my opponent corner hooked. That's extreme, but I think we can agree that such a manipulation of the balls must be against the rules. If that is not permitted, where do you draw the line?
Yeah, I get the logic. I was trying to reconcile what I was shown with this thread. Maybe I just "misremembered" in the words of Roger Clemens.

So if I'm stuck to the side of the rack my only option is to shoot away from the pack or at a glancing angle to the frozen balls. Jacking up and shooting into the frozen balls is still not an option? I'm thinking the ferrule will touch the cb in such a case since there are other balls behind the frozen one.

Dan White